Is liquidware a decent store?

Hi guys,

Technically I should not even be allowed to post here since I have not yet got my aduino :-[ :-[ :-[. I placed an order with Liquidware and got a tracking code last Tuesday but I have not received anything yet (I think it’s 3 days max USPS from their store to my town). I wrote a message but didn’t get any reply either. Have any of you had similar experience with this store? Thanks.

I shopped there for xmas. Took about 10 day for it to arrive here in iceland. And everything was in order.

Technically I should not even be allowed to post here since I have not yet got my aduino !!!

As far as I know this forum is open to all , that is as long as you dont break the forum rules which is normally , dont use bad language.

And hope you have many good year of hair pulling with your new aduino !!

I don’t think that anyone cares if you post without yet having an arduino. I find it very annoying when companies or communities do that. How are you supposed to know anything about a product if you can’t talk with people who use it? Also, maybe you don’t have an arduino but do have other related skills (such as being a programmer or electrical engineer). Personally my arduino experience is a bit limited as is my EE experience but I’ve been programming in C for a long time so I can help with programming related questions. The goal is to foster a community of people who can help each other despite or because of their current experience. I know that I’ve gotten some really good advice and pointers and I hope I’ve also been able to help other people as well.

All that is to say, I wouldn’t worry about not having an arduino yet.

Thanks for all your remarks! I WILL try to enjoy the hair pulling on a simlator maybe since I only have thin hair and want to keep it ;D

As far as that arduino order. I placed it one week ago and it got shipped yesterday according to the postal tracking number. Adding 2 more days on the road it’s about 10 days and I don’t even live in Iceland. I’m in the middle of the USA and the store in on the coast. I’d rate the shipping as very slow within USA.

Every item I have ordered from them takes just a little while, but shows up well packed, and in good condition. I would order from them any time.

-Chris G.

I made an order on 1/21/09. The order is in UPS on its way here, scheduled to arrive on 2/6/09. I’ll let you know if it does not arrive in good shape or something.

The main problem I had was that the customization pages on their web site do no work correctly.

I got my arduino. The entire process took about 9 days to ship half way across USA. Yes well packed in a box with some some padding ;D. I was expecting a padded envelop :o. It works. Now I can pursue my hobby.

I made an order on 1/21/09. The order is in UPS on its way here, scheduled to arrive on 2/6/09. I’ll let you know if it does not arrive in good shape or something.

The main problem I had was that the customization pages on their web site do no work correctly.

I received my shipment on Friday, Feb 5. (Woo hoo!) Everything arrived in great condition. (Rumors of excellent packing are true…) except… I had also ordered an input shield that was missing. I sent an email to Justin, and they say they will ship today! (Mistakes happen… I’m content to be happy with that as long as I get what I paid for!)

I had my Arduio up and running in a few minutes upon arrival. By the time I went to bed, I had done the majority of the turorials. I had also purchased a lith pack - that worked great - and a touchshield too.

The touchshield took more hacking than I gathered from the website, but I had it working in a couple of hours on Sunday afternoon.

I’ve got a bit more learning and looking around on this package and soon I’ll be in project mode.

I believe that liquidware is a good store. You might not get your package overnight, but they seem willling to make sure you get your order in good condition. I will be inclined to order from them again in the future.

hi liudr (and everyone)…wow i feel like i know everyone here!

sorry it got there a couple days late - the arduinos got held up unexpectedly in customs (not really sure why) but it’s all back to normal now :slight_smile:

i do my best to get to messages as soon as i can, but feel free to email me at jhuynh -at - gmail if you’re wondering what’s going on or just wanna say hi

justin

phew! i hope liquidware is a decent store, mike and i sure bust our butts trying to make all the orders get out in time :slight_smile: thanks a lot for the nice comments… and if for any reason anybody ever ever ever has a problem or thinks i’m too slow boxing everything up, just email me or call me to yell at me :slight_smile: i check inthebitz at gmail pretty much every day, in between meetings at my day job, and then mike and i usually try to ship everything out at night!

Inthebitz, you guys have a great store. I ordered my 2nd Arduino from you, and I also order the White ExtenderShield, Solder Starter Kit, and Lithium Backpack. Backpack hasn’t shipped yet, and I understand, you guys were out of stock. I would have ordered the TouchShield Slide, but I just don’t have that kind of money ($170+). Why are those things so expensive, anyways?

I just picked up a Touchshield Slide, battery backpack, and an extender shield from them - waiting on input shield. No complaints and the gear is pretty damn good. That Touchshield is awesome.

I’d buy from them again.

cya
carlo