Is my Arduino Fried?

My arduino is detected in device manager but can’t upload any code to it. It’s showing avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 error. I tried different PCs and ports. Still not working.

The '328P might be shot. Does the Loopback test work?

CrossRoads: The '328P might be shot. Does the Loopback test work?

I tried replacing a programmed atmel328p from a working arduino with blink code in it and it runs on my arduino. Led 13 blinks but still can't program it.

CrossRoads: The '328P might be shot. Does the Loopback test work?

The loopback test fails. The usb ports on both pc and arduino are working fine. I Reset the Port parameters of my arduino on device manager and still gets the error. My question is that if the Atmel programming chip on my arduino is fried how come it gets detected in device manager?

It's dead, get another one. Or get a hot air rework station so you can replace the USB/Serial chip and reprogram it, and then put a new 328P in and bootload it. The 16U2 used for USB/Serial doesn't seem very hardy, I wish they'd stuck with FT232, those never died. I don't do anything requiring the keyboard emulation type features a re-programmed 16U2 can so, so my designs like more like Prominis bootloaded as Unos with whatever custom hardware I add in, and then an FT232 module stuck on the board or just plugged onto a header for downloading & debugging. Keep it modular, replace the busted parts. All in 1, a misapplied voltage takes it all out.