Is my arduino pro mini dead?

I soldered a header to the USB connection and everything worked great. One of the pins broke, so I removed the header and attached a different one. It took some doing to get the solder off and I'm worried I've broken something. Now When I connect the FTDI the red light on the arduino doesn't come on anymore. I thought it might just be a faulty pin so I hardwired it using a 9V battery to RAW and GND, but I'm still not getting anything. I also read that there was an instance where someone used wire to connect the TX on the long side to the TX on the short side. When I did this the red light came on and the green light flashes rapidly, but it still won't work. There is 5V across the VCC and GND pins, next to the FTDI connection. Across TX and RX the voltage fluctuates between 0 and .005. Is here anything else I can try? Is there something I might be missing? Or am I just SOL and need to buy a new one?

It took some doing to get the solder off and I'm worried I've broken something.

Heating too long may fry the chip. You must me very careful desoldering stuff, because usually the factory solder needs more heat to be removed...