Is PWM continuous once set?

Hello all, sorry if this seems like a basic question, but I can't seem to derive an answer from the reference or from examples found all over the place. However, I'm wondering if once I set PWM on a pin, does it continue sending that same PWM (with no further effort in my code) signal out the pin until I change it, or do I have to constantly call analogWrite to keep it sending PWM? And if it does send PWM continuously, can operations (including interrupts) interfere with its PWM generation?

The reason I ask is the current project I'm working on has two DC motors to be controlled via PWM, two servos to be controlled via servo library, and a user interface via lcd/keypad - the user interface requires some delays (to print results of actions to the lcd for a short period of time) and if the user takes a handful of actions in a row, it's possible that the delays could add up enough to interfere with the PWM. I can certainly do this without the delays, at the expense of a lot more code and memory usage (buffering output and using millis() to determine how long it's been displayed for), but I'd rather not.

TIA

!c

It continues. From the analogWrite() reference: "After a call to analogWrite, the pin will generate a steady wave until the next call to analogWrite (or a call to digitalRead or digitalWrite on the same pin)."

Suggestions for clarification or improvements to the page?

It continues. From the analogWrite() reference: "After a call to analogWrite, the pin will generate a steady wave until the next call to analogWrite (or a call to digitalRead or digitalWrite on the same pin)."

Suggestions for clarification or improvements to the page?

Thanks!

Actually, given that you isolated that section, and when I went back and read it, it's clear that the confusion was on my part (must not have had my reading comprehension engine turned on ;D )

I think the part that confused me was that every example I saw had a constant call to analogWrite() in either their loop() functions, or some function called by loop(). That is, I didn't see any where it was set once and left to be, and that sentence in the text got clouded out.

Thanks again, !c