Is the Arduino Mega REV3 sufficient ?

I am currently working on a SWARM mobile robots project and I am trying to select a suitable micro controller.

On each robot, I have 2 DC Motors, 3 Ultrasonic HC-SR04 sensors, 1 MPU-9250 IMU Module and 1 GPS module.

The controller will be required to interface with all these sensors, gather data, and send them through an I2C bus to a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, which will be then used to use these data in developed algorithms, and then these algorithms will send back signals to the controller to drive the robot in a certain direction.

A PID control code should be for the DC motors to drive the robot in a straight line or to a certain direction - if needed -.

So, in summary, the controller here is responsible for gathering all data from all these sensors and drive the DC motors to move the robot.

I was a bit unsure of what micro controller would be suitable, and I found the Arduino Mega to be promising as it has plenty of I/O, PWM, and interrupt pins. I was unsure though if all these computations done would slow it down that I may need to get another controller.

So, is the Arduino Mega a suitable option for such a project or no?

N.B: If you need any more details to be able to give a better opinion, just leave them in the comments and I'll reply with what's needed.

Programmed properly I think the Mega would be fine.

If it lacks speed or memory, consider a similarly-sized but far faster Due.