Is the Mega ADK limited in some way to Android

Hi,
I'm sure this is a very basic question that has been answered several times but I could not find a direct answer in my search.

I am interested in the Mega 2560. I am doing a project with my iphone because I already own an iphone. I had intended to use a wifi shield to communicate between arduino and the iphone.
Then I saw the Mega ADK with an onboard usb.

1. I would like to know is there something that makes the usb or the board in general only compatible with Android devices or somehow more limited than if i added a usb to a mega2560?
  2. if not, can the usb be used to accept sensor data (accelerometer, gyro ... that kinda thing) from the iphone? (instead of a redpark ttl cable)
  3. will this later prevent me from adding a wifi shield and having the option of accepting sensor data from the phone wierlessly or via usb

Thanks.

Not sure what kinda software support is on the iphone but I believe you can get regular ttl serial of of the ipod connector, wihout the adk

Thanks for your reply.
The cable your talking about is the redpark cable.. but your chances of getting an app approved using that are slim to none... the same may be true of usb... I'm not sure

but your chances of getting an app approved using that are slim to none

Are you planning on publishing your app through the App Store? If not then you don't need any approval, and you can upload to your own phone directly.

Are you planning on publishing your app through the App Store?
yes

I don't think you need that repark cable, just a regular cable that has all the wires to. The connector
you need a 6.8k resistor from pin 21 to gnd to put it in serial mode, itts 9600 to 56700 auto baud but 3.3v logic level so you would need to shiift that
, 11 is ground, 12 is tx, 13 is rx
perhaps you can scrap an ipod dock and get easier conections or even see ebay has male. To female extension cords you can just cut off the end and acess the wires

I appreciate the pointers on alternatives... Im learning things i didnt know.
I'd still like to find the answers to my original 3 questions if anyone knows them.
Thanks