Is the stk500 bootloader thing something arduino can fix for us with an update?

Obviously I am having the same problem as everyone else, my sketches won't upload to Uno.

I am super new to Arduino (I have only written like 5 sketches), and this uploading issue is frustrating because I have tried so many potential solutions that have failed. Everything worked fine yesterday morning but last night and today I can't upload anything.

Is the bootloader something the Arduino company can fix for us with an update or something or should I just try and keep plugging away at solutions. I have tried multiple times to fix my own problem as well as researched a bunch and I'm just getting frustrated.

Thanks!

Please do this:

• File > Preferences > Show verbose output during: > compilation (uncheck) > upload (check) > OK
  • Sketch > Upload
  • After the upload fails you'll see a button on the right side of the orange bar "Copy error messages". Click that button.
  • Paste the error messages in a reply here USING CODE TAGS (</> button on the forum toolbar).

Arduino hasn't changed the bootloader in the last 7 years.
The problem is elsewhere. avrdude (the "upload" program), the operating system, the OS USB drivers, the 16u2 firmware (also hasn't changed recently), etc.

A lot of the reported problems have been on non-Arduino boards - "work-alikes", derivatives, clones, and counterfeits. There is justifiable lack of enthusiasm for chasing those down - talk to your vendor.