Is the ZMXR L298P MOTOR DRIVE SHIELD equal to Arduino Motor Shield R3?

Hi:

At a first glance they look different but if I just want to use them as dual motor drivers, will the same code work?

I’m using DCC++ project for DCC signals (model railroading).

I attached a couple of pics showing both shields.

Robert.

ZMXR L298P MOTOR DRIVE SHIELD.jpg

Both seems to use L298 for more "equality clues" you'll have to dig for their datasheets and post them here.

blimpyway: Both seems to use L298 for more "equality clues" you'll have to dig for their datasheets and post them here.

Ok but the available datasheets refer to the L298 chip, not the board layout. As long as it uses the same pins for PWM and direction for each channel (A & B) it should work.

Since these are shields, they should specify at least which arduino pins are assigned to which L298 channel pins, worst case you'll have to change pin assignments in .ino file

blimpyway: Since these are shields, they should specify at least which arduino pins are assigned to which L298 channel pins, worst case you'll have to change pin assignments in .ino file

I didn't know i can do that. Is there any tutorial?

Of course you can, by ".ino" file I was refering to the Arduino C program (the "sketch") you edit, compile and upload with the IDE.

Replace/use in code the correct output pin numbers.

According to available info in this site , the direction and PWM pins for channel A are 12 and 3, respectively, and for channel B, they are 13 and 11.

But this model, ZMRX L298 shield, uses pin 10 for channel A PWM. I found it by trial and error.