Is there a good 4.3" or 5" (or 7"?) TFT display for Arduino DUE controller?

I have two Arduino DUE controllers, and would like to experiment with one as an interface to a TFT display, anywhere from 4.3" to 7". Since the DUE runs on 3.3V instead of 5V, can I find a TFT display that runs on 3.3V?

Looking through the threads in this part of the forum, it sounds like either SPI bus or some kind of parallel bus is best, for reasonable screen rates.

Has anyone tried this? If I connect the DUE to the TFT display by SPI bus, how would I program it? Does anyone have drivers for this?

Thanx all!

The arduino due is an excellent board, however very few libraries are really optimized to get the best out of it. The best SPI display would be the 3.2" ILI9341 using the ILI9341_due library.

Larger 4.3 ", 5" or 7 "screens are limited to using the 16-bit due´s shield-TFT, with the UTFT library or some variant of it.

Larger displays require extra power to properly handle the backlight. This aspect is vital to ensure the stability of the TFT on the arduino due. Another aspect is the accessibility to the pins of the MCU to connect other devices. The shield_TFT covers all and limits their use.

Maybe my opinion is not to your liking, but if you want to get the most out of a TFT-MCU combination using the SPI bus, my suggestion is:

• FT813 Newhaven Display (NHD) 4.3 "(52 or 7")
  • Teensy 3.6 or teensy 4.1

You can control the screen with the GD23ZUTX library

The best part is that you can use the SdFat beta library to handle multimedia: jpg, png, assets, images in cells, avi files and ima audio files

Video: Teensy 3.6 + NHD 5"

PD: the part that many fans discourage us: the cost, these screens require a good budget. If we put in perspective the fact that it will not be the only screen that you are going to put in the test bench ... it is well worth the effort:

TFTLCDCyg, excellent info, and in mass quantities! Thank you so much!

Hmm, now I have to actually start thinking....

Hmm, what exactly does the Teensy 4.1 do? I saw a video on Sparkfun's site, where a fellow was telling me all the great features of the Teensy 4.1, which was nice, but he never mentioned what it was supposed to do. I can't tell if it's running a TFT display, phoning home, running Excel spreadsheets, or compiling baseball scores.

I'm quite a newbie at these TFT displays, obviously. Are there any examples op what they do for TFT displays, how they do it etc? Maybe sample Arduino sketches of super-simple ones drawing a big tic-tac-toe sign or printing out "Hello World" on a 4.3" TFT or whatever?

That MCU is very new to the market, for that reason there is little information. The libraries that are currently being polished are ILI9341_t3, ILI9488_t3, RA8875, and some classic libraries that can work in teensy 4 / 4.1: ssd1351, ST7735_t3, ks0108.

The library for FT81X / BT81X combined with SdFat beta, is already 100% operational in teensy 4 or 4.1; but it's an independent work.

PD: I´m preparing some videos to show what the bookstore can do, but I only work in it during free time, a little patience please!.

No problem, TFTLCDCyg.

Son of a gun. I looked again at the Amazon.com ad from which I bought a little 3.5" TFT display, carefully this time.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0872S57HG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Finally noticed a line:

Driver IC: ILI9486

As the saying goes, “When all else fails, read the directions.”

Looked up that IC number, and sure enough, started finding descriptions etc., also found a photo that looks exactly like the one I got from Amazon.com.

Seems like that’s a fairly common IC used for TFT LCD displays in the Arduino world. Eventually I want to get a 5" or 7" display, but this will do for now. It’s formed like a MEGA 2560 shield, seems to fit perfectly on my Arduino DUE, and last time I tried, the screen lit up and looked pretty, with nothing on it. I may be able to find a few Arduino sketches for it, I hope.

Finding that number unlocked a lot of hidden boxes. Now I have a place to dig. I’ll find what I can, and see how much links up (however loosely) with the info you gave me above. Thanks again for your help!