Is there a linear motorised stage that moves in X or Z axis?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a linear motorised stage that moves in X or Z axis that can be controlled by Arduino or any similar module/platform/stage/anything that can controlled to move around 5cm up and down.

Thank you for you great help!

Depending on load (weight), size and resolution you can look into modelling or industry supply offers.

size and weight are key.
you can tear apart a document scanner and get a complete two axis device. you might be able to use all the internal controls for this.

you could motorize some drawer slides like the foam cutter folks do and get a larger area.

or, you could buy a metal working table and mount it for your needs.

you could use old DVD frams with the stepper they contain. banggood sells two for $20, buy you can get bunches for free at your local computer repair place.

you can tear apart a document scanner and get a complete two axis device

Though most (if not all) are single axis devices as far as motion control is concerned.

AWOL:
Though most (if not all) are single axis devices as far as motion control is concerned.

you are correct. I was thinking inkjet/flat table scanner/plotter.
two scanners or a scanner and inkjet....
there are lots of rails and such to work with.

For such a small distance I would look at using the head control mechanism on a pair of old CD drives. Some sorts have stepping motors and they can be mounted easily.