Is there a list of library Error Messages and descriptions?

Is there a list of error messages and answers to fix them? Some error messages are still cryptic to me.

I have been trying to install libraries some one else wrote and they will not be recognized until moved in a place they want to be which is not the correct location I have learned that they should reside. In frustration I have deleted all the IDE and libraries and reloaded them. Now I have a better clean load but still have the problem of not finding the files when compiling the Sketch.

I am kinda new at this so I will tell more about me. I have read the Programming Arduino Getting started with sketches but I must have missed a lot of details. I searched about how to wright and store libraries but still no understanding why it does not work right.
Here is the project.
I am using IDE 2.0.05+dfsg2-4
I am using a ATmega2560 board, a 192 x 64 graphics display, and multiple sensors to read airplane position and movement for a small aircraft.
The Library is from EA_EFIS19264V12.zip

I mostly get errors that say file or directory not found.

I get some errors that pins are being redefined and it shows which ones. They are the analog pins 0-7 of which the sketch is not using so is the warning really relevant?

I get errors that say the files or names are not defined but I cannot define them properly. Causes more errors because I don't know how to do it right.

I can put in Serial Monitor prints in some places but not others. Why? What is that rule.
Code/
Serial.begin(115200);
Serial.println("print this");
/code

Could this be a compatibility from an earlier version library problem?

How about posting a complete program that causes errors, the complete text of the errors and links to any non standard libraries that you use.

What is IDE 2.0.05? The latest version, to my knowledge, is 1.85.

"IDE 2.0.05+dfsg2-4" is likely some modified and outdated version of the Arduino IDE you get from a Linux package manager. Please install the official version of the Arduino IDE downloaded from:

Did you mean: http://experimentalavionics.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/EFIS_19264_V12.zip ?

I extracted everything from the .zip and moved the folder EA_EFIS_19264_v12 to the sketchbook folder.

First verification complained that “openGLCD.h” was missing so I moved the libraries/openGLCD folder to the libraries folder.

Second verification complained that “Adafruit_BNO055.h” was missing so I moved the libraries/Adafruit_BNO055 folder to the libraries folder.

Third verification complained that “Encoder.h” was missing and that “Adafruit_Sensor.h” was found in multiple places (mostly in Adafruit_BNO055). I copied the libraries/Encoder folder to the libraries folder. I also renamed the file “Adafruit_Sensor.h” in Adafruit_BNO055 so it would not conflict with the Adafruit_Unified_Sensor library I already had installed.

The next verification points out that “A8” is not defined. That means this code is not for an UNO so I switch Tools->Board to an Arduino Mega 2560 and try again.

This time the compile completes with a bunch of warnings. The warnings don’t prevent the build from happening so the code may work at this point. As you saw, many of the warnings are about PIN_A0 through PIN_A7 being #defined more than once. Once in the Arduino core and once in libraries/openGLCD/include/avrio.h. Looking in avrio.h there is an #if to define those names only where “CORE_NUM_TOTAL_PINS” is not defined. I added a #define just above there with two value from the Arduino core:

#define CORE_NUM_TOTAL_PINS (NUM_DIGITAL_PINS+NUM_ANALOG_INPUTS)

That eliminated most of the warnings. The remaining warning are probably just sloppy code and can be fixed at your leisure:

In file included from /Users/john/Documents/Arduino/EA_EFIS_19264_v12/EA_EFIS_19264_v12.ino:4:0:
/Users/john/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/avr/1.6.21/libraries/EEPROM/src/EEPROM.h:43:30: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type [-Wignored-qualifiers]
     operator const uint8_t() const       { return **this; }
                              ^
/Users/john/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/avr/1.6.21/libraries/EEPROM/src/EEPROM.h:92:26: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type [-Wignored-qualifiers]
     operator const int() const          { return index; }
                          ^
In file included from /Users/john/Documents/Arduino/EA_EFIS_19264_v12/EA_EFIS_19264_v12.ino:9:0:
/Users/john/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_Unified_Sensor/Adafruit_Sensor.h:146:37: warning: unused parameter 'enabled' [-Wunused-parameter]
   virtual void enableAutoRange(bool enabled) {};
                                     ^
/Users/john/Documents/Arduino/EA_EFIS_19264_v12/Airspeed.ino: In function 'void Airspeed()':
/Users/john/Documents/Arduino/EA_EFIS_19264_v12/Airspeed.ino:17:42: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
  if (millis() - AirspeedSensorValueTimer < BufferTimer) {
                                          ^
/Users/john/Documents/Arduino/EA_EFIS_19264_v12/Altimeter.ino: In function 'void Altimeter()':
/Users/john/Documents/Arduino/EA_EFIS_19264_v12/Altimeter.ino:73:33: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    if (millis() - AltitudeTimer > BufferTimer) {  //time to refresh the value of altitude on the screen
                                 ^
/Users/john/Documents/Arduino/EA_EFIS_19264_v12/Altimeter.ino:32:6: warning: unused variable 'status1' [-Wunused-variable]
 byte status1 = (a & 0xc0) >> 6;  // first 2 bits from first byte
      ^
/Users/john/Documents/Arduino/EA_EFIS_19264_v12/Altimeter.ino:36:5: warning: unused variable 'temperature_data' [-Wunused-variable]
 int temperature_data = ((c << 8) + (d & 0xe0)) >> 5;
     ^
/Users/john/Documents/Arduino/EA_EFIS_19264_v12/VSI.ino: In function 'void VSI()':
/Users/john/Documents/Arduino/EA_EFIS_19264_v12/VSI.ino:29:28: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
   if (millis() - VSI_Timer > BufferTimer) {
                            ^
/Users/john/Documents/Arduino/libraries/openGLCD/gText.cpp:2394:27: warning: unused parameter 'c' [-Wunused-parameter]
 gText::CharHeight(uint8_t c)
                           ^
/Users/john/Documents/Arduino/libraries/SD/src/SD.cpp: In function 'open.constprop':
/Users/john/Documents/Arduino/libraries/SD/src/SD.cpp:456:12: warning: 'pathidx' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
   filepath += pathidx;
            ^
/Users/john/Documents/Arduino/libraries/SD/src/SD.cpp:450:7: note: 'pathidx' was declared here
   int pathidx;
       ^
Sketch uses 46006 bytes (18%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253952 bytes.
Global variables use 2320 bytes (28%) of dynamic memory, leaving 5872 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8192 bytes.

Looks like some bozo is using ‘long’ instead of ‘unsigned long’ for variables that represent a time in milliseconds.