Is there a way to clear the error messages?

I have alot of error messages. After every compile the error messages seem to add to the previous messages. And I haven't had the board for very long. I will have a really long list soon.

There must be a way to clear the messages. I've tried closing it and reopenning it but the messages are still there. That would make it much easier to know whick errors are current and which are from a previous error. At present I only really know that the last error is applicable.

Error messages where, exactly?

In the bottom section of the screen. I guess it's called the Arduino Environment? I enter code in the top screen, then I click on Sketch to get to the Verify/Compile. At which point the code either compiles or I get error messages in the bottom section about my code such as

serlcd-v2.c:649: error: expected ')' before 'e_data' or error 'x' undeclared (first use in this function)

I click the "serial monitor" button twice...

I have alot of error messages. After every compile the error messages seem to add to the previous messages.

They should only be listed as long as the error exists.

Could you copy & paste all the messages you have displaying into this thread? And the sketch code you're compiling?

--Phil.

I've tried to copy them multiple times but can't for some reason. Just now when I was loooking at the Arduino Environment I may have figured something out. On the top of the page is the code. White background with the code. On the bottom is the error messages. Black background with red text. Just above the error messages is White text on the red background and it Says "Error building library "SLCD" " That is a library I downloaded that was supposed to be a library from Spark Fum for their Serial enabled LCD. I guess there is a problem with that library and all of the error messages are from that. I guess the clue I should have noticed was that each error message starts with "serlcd-v2.c:" followed by what appear to be line numbers.

Yes, that sounds like a likely explanation.

–Phil.