Is there a way to ignoreI2C devices that want to be master while they shouldn't?

Hi,

we are thinking of developing an "open" I2C master system, that will capture data in a predefined format from I2C slave devices provided by partners. But since it's "open", the slave devices could be anything and are out of our control, except for the predefined I2C address that we hand out. These must be hardcoded on the device by the partner.
I wonder if it's possible to prevent device's from becoming I2C master, or otherwise ignore any "master" communication but my own.
In the same context: Is there any way to prevent (or ignore) intercommunication between partner devices? (something like firewall rules, but on I2C address level instead of IP address level)

We just need a one-to-many communication, where our own device is always the "one" and master at any time.

Keep it simple. I²C stands for "Inter-Integrated Circuit".

If you leave the boundaries of a PCB don't consider I²C as your first choice. Even if I²C has Multi-Master capabilities - if you haven't true control on all devices, consider another bus system for your project.

noiasca:
Keep it simple. I²C stands for "Inter-Integrated Circuit".

Is I2C not an acronym for 'Inter Inter Circuit'?

GolamMostafa:
Is I2C not an acronym for 'Inter Inter Circuit'?

Not according to what Google provides in the US. Your results may vary.

Don

GolamMostafa:
Is I2C not an acronym for

try it on your own:

I²C (Inter-Integrated Circuit), pronounced I-squared-C, is a
I²C, für englisch Inter-Integrated Circuit, im Deutschen gesprochen
I²C (Inter-Integrated Circuit) é um barramento serial Barramento multimestre
I²C (IIC, англ. Inter-Integrated Circuit) — последовательная
I²C (abbreviazione di Inter Integrated Circuit), (pronuncia i-quadro-ci o i-due-ci)
Az I²C (Inter-Integrated Circuit) egy multi-master, multi-slave, csomagkapcsolt
I2C (signifie : Inter-Integrated Circuit, en anglais) est un bus informatique qui
Circuito inter-integrado (I²C, del inglés Inter-Integrated Circuit) es un bus serie de
I²C(Inter-Integrated Circuit)字面上的意思是積體電路之間,它其實是I²C Bus簡稱,所以中文應該叫積體電路匯流

noiasca:
try it on your own:

I remember that the name 'Inter Inter Circuit' came to my notice from a literature; but, I could not trace it having had an extensive search in my database and the web. Now, I am accepting the name -- 'Inter-Integrated Circuit' and happily joining with you. However If I find the lost name in future, I will bring it to your kind attention.