Is there a way to make a Yard Stick One with arduino?

Hello,

How would someone go about creating a Yard Stick One with arduino components?

here is a great description of the yard stick one: YARD Stick One - Sub-1 GHz Wireless Test Tool : ID 3586 : $99.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

I am not sure what you meant by "arduino components".

You will certainly need RF components, either on a shield or somehow connected to the arduino components.

akc4:
How would someone go about creating a Yard Stick One with arduino components?

Unless you are already an expert in radio frequency circuit design don't waste your time - just buy one.

...R

Is there an Arduino core for the CC1111 radio used on the YardStickOne?

johnwasser:
Is there an Arduino core for the CC1111 radio used on the YardStickOne?

I honestly have no idea and I am quite new to arduino.

Robin2:
Unless you are already an expert in radio frequency circuit design don't waste your time - just buy one.

...R

not an expert and I am quite new to arduino.
However, I think this project would be a good project for an expert if it's possible.

akc4:
However, I think this project would be a good project for an expert if it's possible.

But it looks like an 'expert' has already done one, you gave us the link.

Devices such as this need quite a lot of support components for the neccessary RF antenna matching and filtering to reduce spurious emissions. Take a look at the typical components on a simple one band RF module and then multiply that up by the several bands the Yard Stick One supports.

An 'expert' would end up with a device that probably requires a lot of very small surface mount assembly and this implies it needs automated assembly. The device would also need a fair bit of (expensive) compliance testing so that it does not wipe out other vital communications.

So its a project that is quite a long way from a DIY Arduino approach.

akc4:
I honestly have no idea and I am quite new to arduino.
not an expert and I am quite new to arduino.
However, I think this project would be a good project for an expert if it’s possible.

It’s good to see that you accept that it is beyond your current skill level.

I’m not even sure that it would be a good project for an expert - why would he waste his expert time when he can just buy one? Unless he (or she) was planning to create a commercial product in competition with the one in your link.

…R