Is there a way to use the local PC time and date via Ethernet Shield OFFLINE?

I'm looking into using the local time of the PC via Ethernet but without an Internet connection. My project uses only LAN so there's no internet.

Not considered Options:

The RTC library uses RTC of course, (and for now, I'm not considering it, to make my project simpler and cost less.)

via NTP which uses the internet via ethernet (I'm using ethernet shield but w/o internet)

local time in PC BUT using USB (I'm using ethernet instead of USB)

Is there any available solutions aside from what I've researched as of now?

saiyojeff: Is there any available solutions aside from what I've researched as of now?

So what about the option: - configure your local PC to act as a NTP timeserver - then get the time via NTP from your local PC

If the PC is running on Windows, perhaps give a Google search a try like "configuring windows time service to use an internal hardware clock" or anything like that.

P.S.: I just tested how to activate WIN7 as a NTP Time Server. It's relatively complicated. You will have to activate the Windows time service from the Windows Control Panel, you will need to modify the Windows Firewall to open UDP port 123 for remote access and you will have to modify two entries in the registry with regedit.exe:

Registry path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\W32Time\TimeProviders\NtpServer Value "Enable" must be "1"

Registry path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Config Value "AnnounceFlags" must be "5"

At last the Time Service must be restarted, then the Arduino example sketch "UdpNtpClient" will work with your local WIN7 PC.

If you are using Linux, it is easy setting up NTP on it.

Instructions depend on the version of Linux.

If you have a Raspberry Pi, purchase a GPS module and build a NTP server for your local LAN.

You could get a GPS module for your Arduino and use that if you need accurate time. If you computer isn't being set with NTP, then the clock inside will drift.