Is there an Arduino resource used map ???

The IDE prints out the amount of program space used by my sketch but I was wondering if there is a way to determine how much RAm I have left (other than the obvious way of allocating a silly sized array) ??

Having played about with BasicStamps before - I found the resource map their IDE provides very useful.

TIA

Softfoot:
The IDE prints out the amount of program space used by my sketch but I was wondering if there is a way to determine how much RAm I have left (other than the obvious way of allocating a silly sized array) ??

Use IDE V1.5, and it will tell you how much RAM is used for global variables after compile.

Thnaks for the tip :slight_smile:

Sadly my project uses the SD library which worked under 1.0.5 but now wont compile under 1.5.0 giving the error :

Arduino: 1.5.6-r2 (Windows XP), Board: "Arduino Uno"

C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility\Sd2Card.cpp: In function 'void spiSend(uint8_t)':
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility\Sd2Card.cpp:35: error: 'SPI' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility\Sd2Card.cpp: In function 'uint8_t spiRec()':
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility\Sd2Card.cpp:44: error: 'SPI' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility\Sd2Card.cpp: In member function 'uint8_t Sd2Card::init(uint8_t, uint8_t)':
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility\Sd2Card.cpp:251: error: 'SPI' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility\Sd2Card.cpp: In member function 'uint8_t Sd2Card::setSckRate(uint8_t)':
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility\Sd2Card.cpp:507: error: 'SPI' was not declared in this scope

The fix seems to be to inlcude "SPI.h" before "SD.h"

... is that correct ??