Is there any design scheme to control pneumatic piston with arduino?

I will use it for the durability and life time test for simple small open and close door systems.

Displacement min 20cm.

What kind of materials do i need? (H-bridges,resistors etc. )

If you know any tutorial,example and if you can share the link i could be very helpful.

Any other advice also will be appreciated.

Thank you very much.

You will have to tell us how the piston is controlled. Post a link to its datasheet.

...R

You will really need to supply more information on the project & pneumatic piston and what you expect from it. Things like...
Pressure rating.
Single/double stroke.
The weight of the mass you need to move.
How fast must the mass move.

Usually you would have a constant compressed air supply and operate solenoids attached to valves to control the flow of the compressed air to push/exhaust or push/pull the piston. To control the solenoids the arduino could use relays.

I will test a galley door for a plane. So this will be cycle test(45.000 times), force is not important it will copy human move to open 625cm^2 door.

Is there any scheme that you already know? I dont have any experince about linear actutors.

Thanks.

Nsitu:
I dont have any experince about linear actutors.

First step is to use Google to find linear actuators that can be controlled by an Arduino or just by a microprocessor.

I'm not going to do that research for you.

...R

To use a pneumatic piston you need a source of air pressure (like a compressor and tank) and one or more electrically actuated pneumatic valves. If you want control of the speed of motion you will also need one or more pressure regulators.

Almost any pneumatic valve you choose will require more than 30 mA and/or more than 5v so you won't be able to drive them directly from an Arduino pin. Since they won't be opening and closing more than a few times per second you can use the inexpensive relay modules from eBay to control the voltage to the valves. Relays are typically sold as boards of 1, 2, 4, or 8 relays. Mix and match to get the number of relays you need. The relay modules can connect directly to Arduino pins. You will need an Arduino, a power supply suitable for the Arduino, two relays, and a power supply suitable for your pneumatic valves.

The standard industrial control voltage is 24vdc. All of the air valves I have used are 24vdc. There may be some at other voltages.

One of the problems with air actuators is that air compresses so the position of the end of the rod is determined by the load.

Weedpharma