Is there any kind of speaker which can generate ultrasonic frequency sound?

Hello everybody,

I am building a system which can generate sound frequencies which the human ear can hear and also sound that we cannot hear too.

For example, for the human ear: 20 Hz to 20 kHz

I need a speaker which can generate sound tones varying from 0Hz to 100kHz. Do we have some micro speakers or normal speakers that can do so?

I am still doing research but I am out of keyword for my research and I don't know where to find this speaker.

Does anyone know about ultrasonic sound frequency generator device? Thank you!

Yeah.... just look up 'ultrasonic transducer' and 'ultrasonic transmitter' on google. Some are for working under water. Some are for working in plain air.

Yes, some special types of tweeters can operate up to 100kHz. This one has frequency response of 17-50kHz and 320 watts peak power.

I need a speaker which can generate sound tones varying from 0Hz to 100kHz. Do we have some micro speakers or normal speakers that can do so?

May need several speaker types to achieve this range. May also need to consider the output power characteristic through the frequency range.

May need several speaker types to achieve this range.

Right... 2-way & 3-way hi-fi speakers are common because you can't cover the entire 20-20kHz audio range with a single driver. It takes a fairly big woofer to get (usable output) down to 20Hz and you can't vibrate a big speaker (woofer) at high frequencies.

From what I understand, [u]ultrasonic mist generators[/u] operate in the MHz range, so 100kHz should be possible.

It's going to be difficult to measure (if you need to measure intensity) because it's hard to find a microphone that goes that high and it's probably impossible to find a calibrated microphone that goes that high.

And, note that you can't get much distance because air absorbs high-frequency energy.

DVDdoug: And, note that you can't get much distance because air absorbs high-frequency energy.

So switch to infrasound. If it's good enough for elephants and giraffes, it's good enough for people.

Might have a problem with throughput though. :P

You may need to build something. Those 40kHz ultrasonic transducers have a very limited frequency range.

An electrostatic speaker, properly built, can cover a wide range at higher frequencies. If you can figure out the frequency response, you can model it and compensate.

This one looks useable from 20kHz to 200kHz.

http://www.avisoft.com/usg/ess16.htm

|500x217