Is there any method to detect air current using laser?

I have heard of the SDS 011 sensor which can be used to detect air pollution, but I would like to know if tracking the movement of air current is possible. SDS 011 uses a laser to detect particles in the air, so I thought it might be possible to track the movements of air current using a device which employs a similar method (laser). An anemometer will only know the velocity, but I would like to know about the angle or tracking the movement of the current itself. Is there any cheap device (preferably less than US$30) in which such functions can be connected through Arduino?

ignis_g:
I have heard of the SDS 011 sensor which can be used to detect air pollution, but I would like to know if tracking the movement of air current is possible. SDS 011 uses a laser to detect particles in the air, so I thought it might be possible to track the movements of air current using a device which employs a similar method (laser). An anemometer will only know the velocity, but I would like to know about the angle or tracking the movement of the current itself. Is there any cheap device (preferably less than US$30) in which such functions can be connected through Arduino?

Cheap??? You are really, really funny. Look for descriptions of the devices that detect the turbulence from aircraft operations.

Please explain more of the way you think such a $30 device will operate! What air parameters would you be looking for?

We track air movement at home with several whirley gigs attached to fence posts. Is this what you have in mind?

Paul

At the Stuttgart university we used a laser sensor to determine the air flow profile in a turbine, across the entire diameter. But I don't think that such sensors are cheap. Searching for "Lidar air speed" I could find several suppliers but no price. Perhaps you have more luck on eBay...

I would like to know about the angle

Lots of inexpensive wind sensors, like this one, have both an anemometer and a wind direction indicator.