Is there any way to write to a NFC tag through the serial monitor?

Hello all, I'm new to arduino and am trying to make an NFC reader/writer. I can already place an NFC chip on the shield and have the arduino program read the information from the tag, but the problem is I have to use a cell phone app to write to the NFC tag first. Is there any way I can write straight to the NFC tag through the serial monitor instead of using my cell phone? I know you can write to the NFC tag by entering it as a string in the code, but I would like to be able to let a user write to the tag specifically through the serial monitor.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

spearmint3443: ... I know you can write to the NFC tag by entering it as a string in the code, but I would like to be able to let a user write to the tag specifically through the serial monitor.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Just read the serial monitor input in your code as a string and then send that string if you know how to do it from the code

spearmint3443:
Hello all, I’m new to arduino and am trying to make an NFC reader/writer. <…>

Should get you close:

Ray

Thanks for the help guys, I will look through mrburnette’s attached link and also try J-M-L’s suggestion and see if that works out. If anyone has any other recommendations I’m all ears.

Thanks again for the quick help!

If anyone has any other recommendations I'm all ears.

If not, are you all thumbs?