Is there anything like a ON-OFF-ON switch array, like a DIP switch Package?

I guess most of the question is in the title! :)

Looking for really small ON-OFF_ON switch ideally near to a DIP switch package........and saying DIP for the package size rather than the Dule parts.......a triple in-line package!?!?!?

I have never seen a switch like you describe. The closest in small size is probably a miniature slide switch.

groundFungus: I have never seen a switch like you describe. The closest in small size is probably a miniature slide switch.

Yes, even just finding mini ON-OFF-ON miniature DPDT slide switch is tricky, well expencive!

n00b: I guess most of the question is in the title! :)

You could say that. Just selecting most of the title, right-click on it and select "Search DuckDuckGo for..." and there you go (Firefox, or rather a derivate; Waterfox, and any search engine ofc. I happen to use DDG atm). Laziness ftw huh? :P

Here's one of the hits (ebay), not the first hit but on the first page at least. I'm sure you can find others if you want.

And they do indeed exist. I've had a handfull of these collecting dust in my parts bin for years.

n00b: a triple in-line package!?!?!?

If it doesn't absolutely positively have to be a switch you could use a triple row of header pins (center row common) and slide shorting jumpers over pins on either side.

I bought some of these last month. They are the smallest on-off-on switches that I found. There may be smaller, but I didn't find any when I searched. For compactness, the header method suggested by dougp may be the way to go.

dougp: If it doesn't absolutely positively have to be a switch you could use a triple row of

Unfortunately, they do absolutely positively have to be switches :'(

groundFungus: I bought some of these last month. They are the smallest on-off-on switches that I found. There may be smaller, but I didn't find any when I searched. For compactness, the header method suggested by dougp may be the way to go.

Will grab a few of them, and have a look. I found smaller, but they just look like they will fall apart real fast! these

could always use jumper pins...

tiny

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/NKK-Switches/AS13AP?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtHXLepoqNyVUjiml0JCqHc3o1WsAAWs2Y%3D

found a datasheet for these

https://www.biwin.com/proimages/Catalogue/Sab_DMX_Catalogue.pdf

n00b: Unfortunately, they do absolutely positively have to be switches

OK, but

n00b: Will grab a few of them, and have a look. I found smaller, but they just look like they will fall apart real fast!

Are they to be mounted on a PCB and just (how and) how often will you need to manipulate them?

Paul__B: OK, but Are they to be mounted on a PCB and just (how and) how often will you need to manipulate them?

Yes, mounted on a PCB then protruding through cutouts in a sheet steel enclosure to allow the switching of capacitors. It's on a product, so needs to be robust.

Switching capacitors direct can be an arduous task for a switch as , depending on your circuit, there could be high in rush currents to consider.

Wonder if there is another way to do whatever you are doing ?

hammy: Switching capacitors direct can be an arduous task for a switch as , depending on your circuit, there could be high in rush currents to consider.

Wonder if there is another way to do whatever you are doing ?

Yeah, its just 9v audio equipment, so worse case is a little pop without pulldown resistors, a better way would be two caps on a blend pot, but want very much set values rather than a sweep, but open to any and all ideas!

OK found the 2 way DPDT switches... maybe you can figure out how to make it work... can't see your circuit so no idea...

mini 2 way DPDT switches

Way are we looking for DPDT switches when the OP is looking for a SPDT Center off switch?

cause there are no such things for this package might work.

Just a thought... Could you have default caps in the circuits at all times and use a DPST switch to connect caps in parallel?

Jon

stratosfear:
Just a thought… Could you have default caps in the circuits at all times and use a DPST switch to connect caps in parallel?

Jon

Yeah, historically I have been doing it like this for when its just one or two caps that need switching and I have room to panel mount

But I’m trying to do as much as I can onboard and have 10+ places caps need 3 options I was thinking more like this

Just seeing how small a footprint I can go with cap switching options.

if you are only ever going to have one capacitor active at any one time, why not try to rig up a rotary switch circuit ?

BabyGeezer: if you are only ever going to have one capacitor active at any one time, why not try to rig up a rotary switch circuit ?

As I only need 3 selectable capacitance ranges on each node but need 10+ nodes, so the footprint for 10+ 3 position rotary switches is a little prohibitive, but rotary switches are awesome!

Would totally be viable if I only had to change a couple of values by a large range, but I'm in the situation where I need to change a lot by a little :)

i see - it seems to me you already have the solution in your own Reply (#2)

if you want 'robust', you have to pay for it - i would imagine fiddling about with 10 nodes and very frequent physical changing of positions will cause considerable wear & tear - probably why those mini-switches you found were "well expencive"...