Is there something different about these Lipo batteries

I have a project that uses a 3.7V 850mAh battery, that is charged with an adafruit lipo charger . I decided I wanted to upgrade to a higher capacity battery and went with this 3.7V 3000mAh battery. When connect the battery, it does absolutely nothing, even after charging it overnight. I thought the battery might be defective, so I ordered another. Same thing. Then I ordered one from another vendor. Same issue. My project works fine with the 850mAh battery and with a 1500mAh battery. Is there something about these higher capacity lipo batteries I’m not understanding? It’s really frustrating. Any info or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

The battery in question has a built in protection PCB -- you can see it in the photo under the yellow plastic cover, where the wires attach.

Those PCBs can be shut off by undervoltage discharge or overcurrent, and may need to be reset. Get the specifics from the seller or manufacturer. Also, consult Adafruit or post on their forum.

If you have a multimeter, check the voltage on the battery contacts.

If you don't have a multimeter, get one! You can get nice ones on Aliexpress for $3.50. The model number is DT830D.