Is there such a thing as a "hobby stepper motor"?

I know there are cheap servos and dc motors- I have some of each. But is there such a thing as a hobby (read as: cheap) stepper motor to mess around with? Power and speed and torque and positional precision and whatnot would be irrelevant, just for hooking up to a 293 and driving from a Uno with the stepper library to see how such things work?

And if there IS such a motor, what make and model would that be?

Edit… 12VDC would be required for test purposes.

Anything “Unipolar”
Howard Industries 1-19-4200

If it was not for the 12V request you slipped in at the end there :D I would have said something like this. £1.66 including driver is a bargain for just messing about with. I think you can get 12V versions of the motor and the driver may do 12V.

Riva: If it was not for the 12V request you slipped in at the end there :D I would have said something like this. £1.66 including driver is a bargain for just messing about with. I think you can get 12V versions of the motor and the driver may do 12V.

Sorry, should have said 5V too... I didn't even know they came in 5V varieties. My power supply is a hacked ATX so 3V would be ok as well... 8)

Oh to have the space for an ATX, I had to resort to buying one of these as I don't have the space to leave stuff out and need to pack it all away at the end of the day.

The cheapest source of steppers is old printers and scanners from a thrift store or electronics recycler. The older the device the better; some of the newer ones use encoder disks or ribbons and ordinary DC motors to keep track of their position. Ancient dot matrix printers are the best, because in addition to the stepper motors, you get a bunch of rugged electronic and mechanical components from back in the days when computer hardware was expensive and built to last. One I took apart recently even had its motor controller on a separate PC board, just begging to be reused!