Is this a typo error?

I'm learning Arduino. This place is great! However, I came across what might be a typo in one of the reference pages. It can be found here:

In the "Defining Digital Pins modes: INPUT, INPUT_PULLUP, and OUTPUT" section of the page, at the bottom of the "Pins Configured as INPUT" paragraph.

It reads, "If a pull-down resistor is used, the input pin will be LOW when the switch is open and HIGH when the switch is closed.
If a pull-up resistor is used, the input pin will be HIGH when the switch is open and LOW when the switch is closed."

Is this correct?

Thanks!
~Matt

Is this correct?

Yup.

MarcilCAD:
If a pull-up resistor is used, the input pin will be HIGH when the switch is open and LOW when the switch is closed."

The pull-up resistor pulls the pin up to 5v (HIGH) and the switch, when closed, connects the pin to GND (LOW)

...R

Looks right to me.

MarcilCAD:
It reads, "If a pull-down resistor is used, the input pin will be LOW when the switch is open and HIGH when the switch is closed.

If you ever return to this forum, could you explain - carefully - which part of this statement concerns you?

A pull-down resistor is used when the switch connects between an input pin and Vcc (5V) - not the best way to do it actually - while a pull-up resistor is used when the switch connects between an input pin and ground, which is much safer and more practical.