Is this new Arduino Uno R3 Legit?

I just recently purchase a new Arduino Uno R3 but when i compare it with the old one it’s different, i check the faq about detecting fake ones but it actualy pass through them no problem, but still.

Can you guys tell me why are both different then? and if the one in the left is real or not?

Thanks

OP's images:

If you want a decent answer you'll need to take some decent photos, both of the front and back of the board.

See that rectangular part, soldered at either end, just below the USB connector? Brown between the two terminals? What's the marking in the middle there?

That's the PTC fuse, and at least for a while, Arduino was using ones with custom marking on them so people could tell the difference between official and counterfeits.

On almost all clones and counterfeits, the PTC fuse is green (a counterfeit is marked to look like a real one, with the Arduino trademark and "made in italy" even when it's made in china, whereas a clone doesn't have the logo on it and doesn't hide the fact that it's not official).

That said, why do people care so much about whether the boards are real? The clones, even the counterfeits, work fine. I have literally dozens of pro mini and nano clones, and only 4 real boards total, all of which were gifts.

Some clones require different drivers (CH340G instead of 16u2 - that board definitely uses 16u2), but clones that don't work are rare (except from WAVGAT - their boards are notorious for compatibility problems)

BjHenry, fair enough, i Will update new pictures later.

DrAzzy thanks, and, although you are right about the "why people care so much if its works too" It Cares to me because they sell it as legit, and also because i like the idea of contribute to the Arduino project.

And yeah, the fuses seems fine, but the one on the left is blue, so that's one of the things Who get my alarms ringing specialy because the guys offer the original on the picture they sell it.

I'd say if your board has the right PTC fuse then you can be fairly confident it's real. However, I think the information on the "How to spot a counterfeit Arduino" is outdated. I don't have a new Uno, but on the other new boards I have with a PTC it's marked with an infinity symbol rather than the "501K" shown on those pictures for the official board. The Uno's product page in the Arduino Store shows the infinity symbol on the PTC.

I also suspect the plastic base is a good indication of it being official. Of course that could be copied, but in my experience the counterfeits are going for the cheap prices. It's simple to put the Arduino logo and "Made in Italy" on the silkscreen of a board, and doing so doesn't add any extra expense to the cost of manufacturing the board. However, designing the mold for the plastic base and having a batch made is going to cost a lot of money even in China. I doubt the counterfeiters even bother to make a copy of the cardboard box the official Arduino boards come in.

Obsdark:
i like the idea of contribute to the Arduino project.

Thanks! There are many ways of contributing to the Arduino project. DrAzzy has made huge contributions by providing excellent support here on the Forum and writing and supporting high quality open source software. For other people, buying official Arduino boards is a great way to contribute. Buying official Arduino products provides some financial support Arduino can use to pay the salaries of the full time developers whose work we all benefit from, and you get a nice board to play with in with the bargain!