Is this possible with ethershield?

Hi

I need to have a simple Arduino setup. Basically it does few things:

• listening to two relays of a RF remote receiver ( this one ) -switching on/off two different lights sources(each with a relay), a low-light LED and a regular light fluorescent -making a "beep"-sound with a piezzo buzzer -switching a red LED depending on a state

now these things should communicate with a computer, but not a single application but different.

the communication via serial connection is complicated since the programm that should be listening is another than the one sending the commands.

i've watched at the ethernet shield and it would be quite handy for me. giving a command out is easy.

but the more difficult thing is parsing incoming requests. i.e. when a mac os x opens the site "ip-of-arduino/1-0-1-1.htm" this would mean: - the first relay should close (low-light on) - the second relay open (room-light off) - play the beep sound for "alarm ready" (i.e. a beep every 10 sec) - set the red LED to on

if "1-1-2-2.htm" is requested it would mean something like this: - first relay close (low-light on) - second relay close (room light on) - play the beep sound for "alarm gone off" (i.e. beep every 1/2 second) - set the red LED to blink

now, I don't need any response to these requests (beside the regular "OK http code")

is it possible to parse the request that is made to the arduino board? and if so, how can i get that parameter?

i.e. when a mac os x opens the site "ip-of-arduino/1-0-1-1.htm" [snip] is it possible to parse the request that is made to the arduino board? and if so, how can i get that parameter?

Yes, it is possible to parse it. I would suggest using something like:

ip-of-arduino/1011

You don't need the ".htm" etc...

You might want to look at the Webduino work that's been done or my similar (but not packaged) work: http://code.rancidbacon.com/Flashduino

--Philip;

Hi

I tried looking at the flashduino source with the URLDispatch, but frankly, it seems too hard for me to understand.

Further I was thinking, to make the script easier for me to programm, instead of "/1011/", I just define three states "/1", "/2", "/3" and act accordingly.

I found a few finished projects (more or less), but all seemd to complex.