Is this possible?

Hi all,

I'm hoping to create a project & was looking for some experienced users to tell me whether my idea is actually achievable.

What I want to do is create a project which has the ability to monitor certain hastags on twitter and notify me if the hastag is trending.

For example, say I want to monitor the hastag "Christmas" however I only want to be notified if this hastag has exceeded a certain amount of tweets in a certain time period.

For example if Christmas has been tweeted more than 100 times in 60 seconds I want to be notified in some way to let me know this has been achieved.

I want to do this for various hash tags on twitter, does this sound achievable? If so any guidance or links to videos to help me achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any feedback given.

Regards

TheApprentice

Have a look at ..

It might possible to scrape this via an IOT web site and access that with an Arduino , but be better to just google it from a PC , or write a program on a PC

.. or google for "twitter bot" ...

zwieblum:
.. or google for "twitter bot" ...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe a twitter bot monitors certain hashtags and replies with an automated message which is triggered by the hash tag... This is not what I want to achieve...

What I'm trying to achieve is an output once a certain hash tag has been triggered in a certain time frame.... For example if "Christmas" is tweeted more than 100 times in 60 seconds I want to be notified in some way to let me know this has been achieved...
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is not what a twitter bot does?

Why - or how - is this related to an Arduino?

TheApprentice:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe a twitter bot monitors certain hashtags and replies with an automated message which is triggered by the hash tag... This is not what I want to achieve...

What I'm trying to achieve is an output once a certain hash tag has been triggered in a certain time frame.... For example if "Christmas" is tweeted more than 100 times in 60 seconds I want to be notified in some way to let me know this has been achieved...
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is not what a twitter bot does?

It depends on how you program it. The usual way is: get the sourecode, modify it to your needs, use it. Whatwever you do with it, it's up to you.