Is this project possible? Voice operated robot

Hi guys
I'm thinking to build this project (see image attached)
I don't know its possible or not, so please give your suggestion on my project..

I wanted to use EO BG950 Samsung bluetooth earphone to transmit voice commands to arduino via hc-05 module.
I'm going to purchase the material but after your opinion to make this concept working

People are suggesting me to transmit voice through smartphone but I don't want to use smartphone.

Google Arduino + voice recognition.
I doubt You will find any solution. Maybe when using a Raspberry....

Yes I googled it, voice recognition can be done using voice recognition module for arduino but don't want to use VR module .
Even I have many alternatives like using android phone to tranfer voice, using separate VR module, using raspberry pi etc but I don't want to use them

My main question is that the schematic that I shared will going to be work or not????????
As I'm beginner and need EXPERT suggestion.

So you want to do voice recognition without doing voice recognition. I'm afraid that this is not possible. Something somehow has to interpret the voice command and turn it into a computer recognisable command, that the Arduino can then work with (and if you don't appreciate how hard this is: look at how well Alexa and so work (it's passable), and remember that they have a complete server farm that rivals any self respecting supercomputer to do the real work).

Voice response by Arduino is possible by connecting an MP3 player with a bunch of pre-recorded answers, and have the Arduino tell the mp3 player which of those answers to play back. If you insist on dropping the mp3 player you could, the Arduino can play low quality WAV files from a MicroSD card. But it won't be able to do anything else at the same time, not even something as simple as controlling a servo.

In short: an Arduino can do next to nothing with sound as such.

In my opinion, not knowing the Arduino mini very well, my answer is No. It will not work.

How mine robot going to work?
Okey this one is the important part ;0

First we need to add/store hundreds of voice commands in arduino sd card module with specific triggered keywords.
Example - USER - Hi robo whats the time now?
Keyword "time now"
ROBO - Hi sir the time now is 12pm.
USER - robo run forward
keyword"run forward"
ROBO - okey running forward.
&& robo run forward with help of servo motor.
USER - Stop running forward robo!
ROBO - okey sir stopping!

USER - How many servo do you have robot?
keyword"manyservo"
ROBO - I have 10 servos sir.
USER - Grab this ball robot.
keyword"grabball"
ROBO - Grabing this ball sir
"now robo is grabing ball by moving hand servo at defined position".

After delay of 100ms

ROBO - Can I release this ball sir my hand feels tired?
"the above one is manual line which can be added or removed when specific task
is done by robo like ex - grabing object etc"
USER - Yes you can release the ball
keyword"releaseball"
ROBO - Releases ball sir ahh my hand fees very painfull.
"now servo hand moves down and releases ball"

The robot is not connected to internet I'm trying to make my own server(Mp3 module) with full of voice commands say 10000 voice commands with specific triggered keywords points.

therobobuilder:
The robot is not connected to internet I'm trying to make my own server(Mp3 module) with full of voice commands say 10000 voice commands with specific triggered keywords points.

Start by getting your robot to recognise one command from one voice in a very quiet environment.

That may be hard enough to put you off the rest of your project.

USER - Grab this ball robot.
keyword"grabball"
ROBO - Grabing this ball sir
“now robo is grabing ball by moving hand servo at defined position”.

USER - Grab all the M&Ms and bring them to me.

ROBO - Grabbing this ball sir
“now robo is grabbing ball by moving hand servo at defined position”.

See the problem?

It is hard to imagine how the illustrated scheme could be made to work.

There is nothing to do the actual voice recognition.

You'll want to go to a 32bit processor and use either the Arduino TensorFlow or the ESP32 TensorFlow library. With the library you can train voice commands tensors and use them to decode your voice commands.

Hi everyone thanks for your great replies :slight_smile:

Actually being mechanical engineer I'm learning electronics through various online courses like pcb design and all.
I always wanted to build coolest8) robot which can operated and do various task through voice commands.
I have done a lot research on this and found some usefull sources like this one . But using these kind of modules cost me more, So I tried it by using resources that I already have for example bluetooth headphones.
I don't know how the voice signal going to processed b/w arduino and earphone but will figure out later by myself mainly..
I required your help me make my schematics correct by modifying or adding or removing unuseful/unwanted component so rest I will do by self. You all are expert experienced engineered you know's how the things works and how's not.

If there was a way as simple as You ask for, why did that project designer go the way he did?
Voice recognition as well as face/object/item recognition all use high level technic and the need resources, computer power, memory etc. to do their job.

Thankyou guys.
I'm looking forward to buy Arduino Nano 33 ble sense to perform my keyword detection in real time and will use separate arduino for motion control servo's.

Will give you update

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.