Is this realistic?

Hi

I have an Arduino Uno R3, that has been gathering dust for a while. This afternoon I got it out and started coding. Although I have a way to go yet, I have a project lined up for the future. I am building a Model Rocket, what I thought of was using my Arduino Uno, for Accelerometer and Altimeter. I would also if possible like to use a camera for video footage. I will need to write all the data to an SD card. Is this too much for a single Arduino Uno or is it possible?

Hi cyberstu

Altimeter and accelerometer: yes. Video: no.

You can get relatively inexpensive hd video cameras with sd card recording.

Psul

Sparkfun has posted about doing this with a model rocket, but I can't for the life of me find it.

If your altimeter and accelerometer output analog signals, you can strap it on an xbee radio module and use a ground xbee radio unit to receive live data. No arduino needed.

There is another way to do it - see the video here

…R

liudr: If your altimeter and accelerometer output analog signals, you can strap it on an xbee radio module and use a ground xbee radio unit to receive live data. No arduino needed.

Ideally I would like to use an XBee, but that will be in the future. Im just wanting to learn the basics at the minute using an Arduino.

I havnt played with an XBee yet and feel it might be a bit complex for me at the minute.

I don't know all xbee knowledge, just enough for my projects. Here is what I found:

http://www.digi.com/support/kbase/kbaseresultdetl?id=3522