Is this the worst instructable ever?

I got the Instructable digest email yesterday and came across what I think is the worst electronic Instructable ever:- http://www.instructables.com/id/Mini-BillBoard/

There is no way it can work with the diagram shown and yet people say it is working. I did make some comments.

Have you seen a worst one?

I did make some comments.

which don't seem to be showing - did you ensure they were positive and constructive?

(it's bad, but I've seen worse - have you noticed how they always come here for help to get them working?)

which don’t seem to be showing -

Odd, just looked again and I can see them.

did you ensure they were positive and constructive?

:slight_smile:

WTF?

Looking at the Fritzing thing, with all the unconnected red things, it must be an early Remembrance day field of Poppies ?

We have a be nice comment policy. Please be positive and constructive.

These are the instructions on replying to a thread over there (i refuse to use that site's name). It tells a lot about the site, none of which is good.

Even if it worked, it should be called "how to use your arduino as a battery"

Yeah that's pretty sad, not sure how you can call a few almost random LEDs a billboard.

Rob

KenF: Even if it worked, it should be called "how to use your arduino as a battery"

Haha, indeed, I was just thinking of all the cycles going to waste :D

In the Fritzing diagram, pin 13 appears to be shorted to ground.

The only way other people might be getting it to work is if two (or twenty) wrongs somehow make a right.

[quote author=Jack Christensen link=topic=272263.msg1919887#msg1919887 date=1413245266] The only way other people might be getting it to work is if two (or twenty) wrongs somehow make a right. [/quote] Think monkeys, typewriters and Shakespeare :)

They allowed this comment (not mine, I didn't comment):

The wiring diagram does not have all the wires connected? When you look at the video you have a lot more than 9 wires connected. Some LED's are not even wired! This is feedback not complaining.

Also note that the number of leds in the diagram does not match the picture.

Yes I only saw that one after I logged in and made my comment, it was not there before. I can still see my two comments, are they invisible to everyone else?

I can't see them.

Not anything that I can see.

Your right! Now I have logged out and refreshed the page they are gone.

How long before we get a beginner asking for help in this one?

Hi, I can see 4 Grumpy_Mike posts.

Tom.... :)

Are you loggedin as a user?

TomGeorge: Hi, I can see 4 Grumpy_Mike posts.

Tom.... :)

Nothing - bizarre!

Do you have to be a signed-up to Instructables?

You do in order to make a comment.

I was not logged in and saw no Grumpy Mike posts. Perhaps they need an Instructable on making a web site?

So now it's don't use C++ Strings and don't trust Instructables....