Is Xbee this simple??

Alright I have been stuck on the same problem for months. I have a Xbee shield from ladyada and configured them using xctu. I take out my atmega chip then plug them in. They now talk to eachother. From here I still have everything hooked up and put the chip back in and upload my sketch to the arduino. From here I switch to my 9v source not USB... Then nothing happens I have code in other post by me and am sure it's not the code( I have tried multiple codes). Any help? I really need to fix this.

Thank you

From here I still have everything hooked up and put the chip back in and upload my sketch to the arduino.

Can you have a try to remove the xBee module when you upload the sketch?

From here I switch to my 9v source not USB...

If it works when the board is powered by USB, then it may be the problem of your power source.

I havnt tried removing it but I havnt got it to send or revive anything such as making a led blink wirelessly. But it also might be the wiring it's 5v and ground and then tx to tx and rx to rx right

First and most important: How do you plug your 9V power? Schema :)

Less important: To update XBee Firmware: Don't need to unplug the microcontroler. 1.-Wire the Gnd and Reset pins in arduino (constantly in reset). 2.-Put both XBee shield pins in "USB" 3.-X-CTU can now talk to XBee

To upload sketch to arduino: 1.-Unplug XBee shield 2.-Upload normally

Make arduino talk to XBee: 1.-Put XBee Shield pins in "XBEE"

Now, please copy here sourcecode and XBee configuration :)

Well first i just have a 9v battery case that just plugs into the external power outlet on the arduino (it came with the arduino). And i will try that with the xbee, sounds like it will work. but what happens if i only have the transmitter on or only the reviver on... Nothing? And ill let you know tommarow if i get it working.

Now, please copy here sourcecode and XBee configuration

Can you please explain what you want exactly???? lol

I havnt tried removing it but I havnt got it to send or revive anything such as making a led blink wirelessly

Please follow the steps from alfonso.nishikawa.
To upload sketch to arduino:
1.-Unplug XBee shield
2.-Upload normally
3.-Plug Xbee shiel

It is because when you upload the sketch with the xBee plugged in, the xBee module interferes with the UART communication. The upload process will fail.

For most module I used, the wiring is
Arduino - Other Module
5V ---- 5V
GND ---- GND
RX ---- TX
TX ---- RX

Could you add the link of the module you are using?

Try using newSoftSerial to communicate with the Xbee this allows the Arduino USB to communicate with your Sketch and a seperate newSoftserial connection to the Xbee. I always use the method and use stand alone Xbee's to send sensor data. See: http://tropicarduino.blogspot.com/

i just have a 9v battery case

Exactly what kind of battery, and what model of Xbee? For instance, an Xbee Pro wants nearly 300mA during transmit, which is probably well beyond what one of those little rectangular 9V batteries is capable of delivering... Try monitoring the power supply voltage during battery operation...

Exactly what kind of battery, and what model of Xbee? For instance, an Xbee Pro wants nearly 300mA during transmit, which is probably well beyond what one of those little rectangular 9V batteries is capable of delivering...

Coincidently, I was just reading through the manual of one of the cheap DMMs I have laying around that has a test 9v battery feature. It rates the output power of a fully charged rectangular 9v at 25ma.

@OP - Ill bet ya a dollar you have a 9v wallwart somewhere in your house, I did a stock of all of mine last week and found I have about 10 of them (9v) hooked up to various things, though most are 100ma which is still too low..