Isolating Buck Converters for Battery Charging

Hello all,

I want to build an ebike battery charger. The battery is a 10S3P. After doing some research I came across 2 methods of charging. Using bulk charging, or a charge each series stage separately.

I want to go with the second method. How would I isolate buck converters powered from the same power supply? I'm using these generic CC CV buck converters.

A qualified question. I doubt there is any place for electronics and a collection of relays. Are the cells accessible when the battory sist in th E-bike?
To me charging looks like build in a multiconnector to which You connect Your charger.
Any pictures of the battory compartment?

Railroader:
A qualified question. I doubt there is any place for electronics and a collection of relays. Are the cells accessible when the battory sist in th E-bike?
To me charging looks like build in a multiconnector to which You connect Your charger.
Any pictures of the battory compartment?

I don't understand how relays are related to this.

Yeah the charger will receive a wire at each series stage.

I haven't made the battery yet.

Don't charge LiPo batteries with a 'dumb' DC/DC converter.
They need special chargers that adjust their charge current depending on SOC of the pack.
Full pack voltage charging, with ballance circuits on each cells is the safe way.
Such 10S boards are available on ebay for about US$10
Leo..

Example DIY 3S charger/balancer.

jremington:
Example DIY 3S charger/balancer.

I don't understand what the link is talking about.

Wawa:
Don't charge LiPo batteries with a 'dumb' DC/DC converter.
They need special chargers that adjust their charge current depending on SOC of the pack.
Full pack voltage charging, with ballance circuits on each cells is the safe way.
Such 10S boards are available on ebay for about US$10
Leo..

These DC DC converters are designed to charge batteries. They're labelled as CC CV buck converters. I've heard that these Chinese balance boards are bad and don't work.

I don't understand what the link is talking about.

Then you need to do some more research before undertaking this project.

jremington:
Then you need to do some more research before undertaking this project.

The page starts delving into resistances and values without even explaining what it's talking about. There is no context either. Please share useful links, not just some half assed page.

The page makes perfect sense to me, but agreed, an underinformed beginner may have some difficulties.

It is not safe for an underinformed person to attempt to design and build a multicell LiPo battery charger. LiPo cells tend to burst into flames if overcharged or abused.