Issue on Arduino Pro IDE

Hello, everyone! I have a problem on the new Arduino Pro IDE 0.0.3 Alpha Preview, when I’m compliing(I don’t know if that’s the right word) any of the projects that can be compliied in the traditional Arduino IDE(also the beta version), it says: Error: Request compile failed with message: 2 UNKNOWN: build failed: exec: “/bin/avr-g++”: file does not exist . And when I searched that folder with my file explorer, it isn’t there. And when I started the IDE, it told me these errors: “Could not start editor support. Error during build: exec: “/bin/avr-g++”: file does not exist” and “An unexpected error occurred when locating the Git executable.” .

P.S. I’m really sorry that the last picture is in chinese.

This error indicates something went wrong with your installation of Arduino AVR Boards. The solution is to remove it and then install it again. Note that this will remove all boards you installed via Boards Manager:

• Close all Arduino Pro IDE windows.
  • Open C:\Users\jett8\AppData\Local in Windows Explorer. The AppData folder is hidden by default. You can unhide it by clicking "View" on the Windows Explorer menu bar, then checking the box next to "Hidden items".
  • Delete C:\Users\jett8\AppData\Local\Arduino15
  • Start Arduino Pro IDE
  • Tools > Boards Manager
  • Hover the mouse pointer over "Arduino AVR Boards by Arduino".
  • Click the "Install" button
  • Wait for the installation to finish.
  • Tools > Boards Manager
  • Try compiling again.

(deleted)

To be fair, this is the sort of weird problem that even an advanced user might not know how to fix. The problem was fairly obvious to me, but only because I spend a lot of my time troubleshooting quirks of the Arduino IDE. Someone could be very proficient in programming and electronics, but have no interest in becoming an expert in the inner workings of the IDE.

I do think that the Arduino Pro IDE is not currently a good choice for a beginner. It’s great if people want to help out by beta testing and providing feedback, and it’s probably stable enough for advanced users, but it’s very much a work in progress so you have to expect to run into some bugs or features that aren’t yet implemented. A beginner has enough problems to deal with even without using an IDE in its alpha development phase. That said, this specific problem probably would have happened even if you were using the Arduino IDE.

Hello, pert. I've tried your solution severl times but still can't succeed. Shall I switch back to the classical IDE or try an older version of the AVR boards?