Issue when testing HC-06 bluetooth module passing print statement to PC

I have a print statement in my arduino code that I'm passing to my PC's python script via the HC-06 bluetooth module.

Here is the pastebin of all the code involved and the output received in Python.

Code

To double check if the print is even carried over to python, I used a USB connection and the output was the same as what was written in the Arduino code. When I attempted to use mySerial, I was met with the output shown in pastebin. I double checked the HC-06 module as well and the blinking slows down when I run the python script, which should indicate a connection. I've also made sure I'm using the correct port.

Any ideas?

arubadoo:
HC-06 module as well and the blinking slows down when I run the python script, which should indicate a connection.

This might be true, but the only Indication of connection that I am aware of with HC-06 is a solid LED. I therefore think you have no connection, and it is time to check the wiring again Tx to Rx Rx to Tx.

arubadoo:
To double check if the print is even carried over to python, I used a USB connection and the output was the same as what was written in the Arduino code. When I attempted to use mySerial

This rather suggests a pointless exercise that proved nothing. If you connected to the kosher hardware serial pins, the same code may be used.

Please post your Arduino code in the proper manner using code tags </>as shown in the readme at the head of this forum