Issue with buzzer

a

Hi,
What is the BUZZER you have, they BUZZ if you apply DC power to them, does yours?
If so then all it is supposed to do is BUZZ at that sound.
If you want to make sounds with your arduino you needs a speaker and drive circuit, or a piezo element.
Can you post spec/part number of your buzzer please, even a picture?

Thanks… Tom… :slight_smile:

What happened with the thread you started on this exact subject yesterday, when you wanted to make three calls to ‘buzzer()’, with three different frequencies, durations and intervals, which you now know can’t be done in the manner that you want, for the reasons I explained? In short, they can’t execute in the order that you want. It’s like roulette.

I even went to the trouble of putting together a circuit and writing and testing code that works and you didn’t have the decency to reply.

Double-posting is frowned upon here, by the way.

Hi, Hmmmm that's interesting there was stuff printed in the OP first post. Not just "a", my crystal ball is not that good.

Tom.... :)

TomGeorge: Hi, Hmmmm that's interesting there was stuff printed in the OP first post. Not just "a", my crystal ball is not that good.

Tom.... :)

Oh, right, he's come back and edited his post away, leaving everyone totally confused now. OK by me - I wasn't interested in helping any further anyway. :)

Hi,

Ahhh further investigation, the OP in this thread said he had a BUZZER, in other threads its as I advised piezo buzzer.

Tom...... :)

TomGeorge: Hi,

Ahhh further investigation, the OP in this thread said he had a BUZZER, in other threads its as I advised piezo buzzer.

Tom...... :)

Yep. Using tone() to drive the piezo-buzzer. (No built-in driver.) There was more info in the first thread, but he omitted it here.

I built the circuit, tested the code and quickly discovered that his method could never work. It was actually an interesting problem.