Issue with simple flashing LED program... what am I missing?

I'm building a simple 8 step sequence of flashing LED's for my Darth Vader chest box prop.
The basis of the program is that the some or all of the LED's turn ON or OFF every 1.4 seconds.
I thought the coding was pretty straight forward but it's not functioning correctly.
The issue starts with the first block of code in the void loop... All LED's should start ON for 1.4 secs... but they are all OFF when the sketch starts up. And from there, nothing seems to flash correctly either...

What did I mess up?

//DARTH VADER CHEST BOX LIGHT SEQUENCE from Empire Strikes Back
//8 step cycling pattern of the three "coin slot" lights (GINO version)

int ledTOP = 13;
int ledMIDDLE = 12;
int ledBOTTOM = 11;

void setup()
{
pinMode(ledTOP, OUTPUT);
pinMode(ledMIDDLE, OUTPUT);
pinMode(ledBOTTOM, OUTPUT);
}

// PROGRAM LOOP
void loop()
{
digitalWrite(ledTOP, HIGH);
digitalWrite(ledMIDDLE, HIGH);
digitalWrite(ledBOTTOM, HIGH);
delay(1400);

digitalWrite(ledBOTTOM, LOW);
delay(1400);

digitalWrite(ledTOP, LOW);
digitalWrite(ledMIDDLE, LOW);
delay(1400);

delay(1400);

delay(1400);

delay(1400);

delay(1400);

digitalWrite(ledMIDDLE, LOW);
delay(1400);
}

How are your LEDs wired up?

That's not the way to post code - the sticky at the top of this section explains hot to do it correctly.

I can't see anything wrong with the code. Maybe it's an electrical problem. How are the LEDs connected, are you using the appropriate current-limiting resistors and how is the Arduino being powered?

If you start again with a simpler sketch and just turn one LED on and leave it on, does that do what you expect? Then again for two LEDs, and then three?

I'll double check the LED's and resistors... they have been working as expected with other bits of code I've written..
IF the code looks good then it must be hardware.... I'll start troubleshooting...
Thanks!

I'll double check the LED's and resistors... they have been working as expected with other bits of code I've written..

So you are saying that the LEDs are wired correctly? In other words, when running tests that "work as expected", the LEDs turn on with a HIGH on the appropriate pin?

I double checked the wiring and found it was most definitely user error!
I've been using a new proto-board and had the 5v and Grd rails swapped... duh!
I'm amazed that it even worked at all?
When something goes wrong I always assume its the code since I'm terrible at programming...
need to slow down a bit I suppose.
Thanks everyone for your help as always...
Have a great day and take care!

That was why you were asked how the LEDs were wired. Instead of lighting when the pin went HGH, they lit when it went LOW. Sounded exactly like they were wired to the opposite rail to what you thought. The thing is, a LED/resistor in series, wired from GND to the pin, will light when the pin goes HIGH, but it's perfectly alright to wire it from +5 to the pin, and turn it on with a LOW.