Issues getting SdFat libraries to work

I’m struggling getting SD devices working with nRF2401 wireless transcievers, and It’s been suggested a different sd library should be used.

Basically replacing

#include <SD.h>

with

#include <SdFat.h>
SdFat SD;

Issue #1

My IDE (1.6.10) can’t find the SdDat.h which is located in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility

how do you include this h file?

Issue #2 (after severly hacking my folder structure–which can’t be what everyone else does to get libraries working…) my next issue will be SdFat does not name a type on this line:

SdFat SD;

Thanks in advance.

// it's been suggested to get SD devices working with nRF2401 wireless transcievers, a different
// sd library should be used
//
// but my IDE can't find the SdDat.h which is located in:
// C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility
// how do you include this h file?

#include <SdFat.h>

// assuming i can find the library
//my next issue will be SdFat does not name a type 

SdFat SD;

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}

KrisKasprzak:
It’s been suggested a different sd library should be used.

Basically replacing

#include <SD.h>

with

#include <SdFat.h>

Where was this suggested. If it was publicly please post a link. Although the Arduino SD library does contain a file named SdFat.h, my guess is they are actually talking about a 3rd party library of that name, most likely GitHub - greiman/SdFat: Arduino FAT16/FAT32 exFAT Library. You would need to install that library.

If you actually did want to include the SdFat.h file located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility\SdFat.h you would need to do this:

#include <SD.h>
#include <utility/SdFat.h>

The first line adds the C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility folder to the include path.

KrisKasprzak:
SdFat does not name a type on this line:

SdFat SD;

Further evidence that it’s the 3rd party SdFat library you should be using.

The suggestion was from this post from a member named "fat16lib"

I'll try that library

Thanks

OK, they said SdFat beta so it could actually be this one instead(same author but different repository): GitHub - greiman/SdFat-beta: Beta SdFat for test of new features. Of course that message was 2014 so what was beta then might not be beta now.