Issues in Concatenating Strings

Hello Everyone I am using Arduino mega 2560 and working on one of the protocols in which there are a packet and checksum of that. Packet is making fine and checksum is correct but the string length of packet is 730 as I concate them its printing checksum only STR2 = STR+checksum ;

I have three query and needed your help on that 1. How many characters are allowed in the string format reason I am having a packet size of almost 730 characters and if I use this Serial. Print(str) then its fine but if I concat this it's not getting the print. Why???? 2.i wanted to convert this string to ASCII when the packet size is of 450 characters is getting print and also converting into ASCII but as soon the packet size increase its not getting print

3.Is there any limit of the serial. Print() ??

1. How many characters are allowed in the string

Half of your available memory. Somewhat less than that for a String.

Since you didn't post any code, we can't estimate how much that would be.

2.i wanted to convert this string to ASCII when the packet size is of 450 characters is getting print and also converting into ASCII but as soon the packet size increase its not getting print

Is that a question?

3.Is there any limit of the serial. Print() ??

Yes. It can't print horses or donkeys.

It is not a good idea to use the String (capital S) class on an Arduino as it can cause memory corruption in the small memory on an Arduino. Just use cstrings - char arrays terminated with 0.

...R