It is possible to combine arduino + infrared sensor + camera ?

Hello !

Having limited abilities in arduino, I come to ask you several questions:
I have the following equipment available: arduino uno card, vma clock 301, infrared sensor (electrodragon, one that has a black led and a white led) and a camera ov2640, SD card and a player sd card (shield).

With this material I would like to make sure that when someone passes by the sensor and that it detects a person's pass, the camera takes a picture of the person or thing passing in front of the sensor; save it to the SD card and the name of the photo in the SD card is the time and date shown on the clock when the photo was taken.

For now I managed to set the clock (I use the libraries of (VMA), for the sensor, I use the readanaloguevoltage (although I have a little trouble to adjust it), and for the camera uses the libraries provided by arducam.mais for the card sd I have a little trouble in the configured.

So is it possible to do this with all the hardware and arduino?
How to get by with the code (what will you do with something monstrous?)?

Thank you for your answers!

So is it possible to do this with all the hardware and arduino?

Yes, that seems to be feasible, although the hardware combo isn't the perfect choice for the task. During the time you need to read the picture from the camera and write it to the SD card no other detection is made and even if you get that functionality implemented it's impossible to have more than one picture stored in the camera.

How to get by with the code (what will you do with something monstrous?)?

Get one task done after the other. Start with detecting a person, then take a picture and store it to SD card, then read the time as name the file accordingly.

I guess the critical factor will be the available RAM, so keep that in mind and define a new variable only if you actually need it and choose the most space effective type you find.

Thanks for your reply ,i dont have the camera now but i made this code ,do you think it can work ?

thanks for help !!

code_a_tester_multi_capture.ino (6.18 KB)

sorry i didnt explain waht is this code lol , this code make when a person walk in front of the sensor , the camera take a photo

Also posted in the French section

thanks

Thanks for your reply ,i dont have the camera now but i made this code ,do you think it can work ?

I don't have an ARDUcam, so maybe it works but I don't know.