It must be right in front of me......

I have been racking my brain and it isn't clicking. :0 A project I am toying with needs to "mix" analog signals. Basically I am taking the controlling functions of three servos and breaking them into 12. It will not be linear of 1 servo to 3. It should read all three servos and determine the position of the other 12 based upon how they are mixed. In it's simplest form I need to read three analog signals add/subtract/or whatever mathematical process needs to happen and then output. I fully understand that it may need multiple devices to accommodate that many. Ideas? Please excuse my ignorance. :grin:

Well I would have an other go at describing your project. It didn't make much sense to me. Try an be a bit more specific. 1) What are these analogue signals? What do they consist of? 2) What parameters of these signals need to be extracted? 3) Once extracted what do you want to do with them?

Sorry, I'm really not following that at all... Maybe you can give an example, or maybe make some sort of chart showing how the servos interact.

With a couple of op-amps you can build a summing amplifier to add two or more analog voltages together, but the math should probably be done in software.

You can also build a difference amplifier for subtraction. A regular 'ol amplifer is a "multiplier", and a couple of resistors can make a voltage divider (or you can make an amp with gain of less than one, which multiplies by a fraction in order to divide.)

civicnar:
I have been racking my brain and it isn’t clicking. :0 A project I am toying with needs to “mix” analog signals. Basically I am taking the controlling functions of three servos and breaking them into 12. It will not be linear of 1 servo to 3. It should read all three servos and determine the position of the other 12 based upon how they are mixed. In it’s simplest form I need to read three analog signals add/subtract/or whatever mathematical process needs to happen and then output. I fully understand that it may need multiple devices to accommodate that many. Ideas? Please excuse my ignorance. :grin:

When you say you’re taking the controlling functions of three servos, I assume you mean you’re taking the pulsed signal that would normally drive a servo, and connecting it into the Arduino. The Arduino sketch will convert the pulsed signal into a number, so you have three input numbers corresponding to the nominal position off the three servo signals that you’re receiving.

Now you want to take these three numbers and mix them somehow to derive twelve numbers, convert those numbers to servo pulse signals and send those to twelve physical servos.

All this seems feasible using the Arduino. So, what’s your question?