ITDB02-5.0 + ITDB Arduino MEGA Shield v2.0 + touch screen

Hello!

I am using an Arduino MEGA and try to make the touch screen working. The display and the SD-Cards are working, but the touch screen is only sensing touch but does not recognise where I am touching. For all the functionalities I am using the libraries of Henning Carlsen (UTFT, tinyFAT and UTouch). Actually the coordinates where I am touching the display should appear in the upper left corner but there but unfortunatelly there is allways "-1".
First I thought that the display may be broken so I ordered another one but the behaviour is the same.

Might there be problems with the shield? Please help me? All other functions of the display worked out-of-the-box with Henning's libraries but not the touch screen...

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
Sennahoj

Did you run the UTouch calibration sketch? You must do this or you will get odd results.

Hello!

Yes, I did run the calibration sketch. But this did not help since the display still does not recognise the point where I am touching. The results I got from the calibration sketch where:
CAL_X 0x03FFCFFFUL
CAL_Y 0x03FFCFFFUL
CAL_S 0x001DF31FUL

This seems to be not correct since the calibration in x- and y-direction should be different, I think.

What else could cause the failure of the touch screen??!!

I agree that doesn't seem correct.

To use UTouch, the calibration values have to be correct, so I would stick with using the Calibration program as your test sketch until it recognizes your keypresses.

It sounds like it might be the shield, your arduino or conceivably, the UTouch library not being tested on the ITDB02-5.0. If you have a breakout board you could bypass the shield and wire up the TFT by hand. A bit of a pain though.

Have you tried a different library than UTFT?

try this?
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=200352

Sennahoj28:
Hello!

Yes, I did run the calibration sketch. But this did not help since the display still does not recognise the point where I am touching. The results I got from the calibration sketch where:
CAL_X 0x03FFCFFFUL
CAL_Y 0x03FFCFFFUL
CAL_S 0x001DF31FUL

This seems to be not correct since the calibration in x- and y-direction should be different, I think.

What else could cause the failure of the touch screen??!!