iTead Tiny feasibility

I picked up some iTead Tiny boards but can't get my app to compile. I have installed the Digispark version of the IDE and can successfully compile and upload and run simple examples such as "blink". But when I try for example to include the I2C library "Wire" - I get a bunch of error messages that I'm not sure how to interpret.

I apologize if there are better places to go for help with the iTead Tiny but wonder how I can determine if this board has sufficient resources to run my app or if there is some incompatibility. (It has enough I/O, assuming I can get I2C to work).

My app runs fine on a Uno and on Nano, and I'm interested in the Tiny for size reasons. Simply including the wire library in the "blink" example produces the following errors when I try to compile:

In file included from Blink.ino:12: C:\Users\Robert\Downloads\DigisparkArduino-Win32\Digispark-Arduino-1.0.4\libraries\Arduino_Wire/Wire.h:61: error: conflicting return type specified for 'virtual size_t TwoWire::write(const uint8_t*, size_t)' C:\Users\Robert\Downloads\DigisparkArduino-Win32\Digispark-Arduino-1.0.4\hardware\digispark\cores\tiny/Print.h:75: error: overriding 'virtual void Print::write(const uint8_t*, size_t)'

Thanks for any suggestions,

Bob

Well I guess I will answer my own question: after downloading to a regular Arduino it says 14K bytes were verefied. Since the Tiny has only 8K, it ain't gonna work...

Bob

In CodingBadly's Tiny Core you can use something called TinyWire.

I think google will turn up this:

https://playground.arduino.cc/Code/USIi2c

With 'tiny85 i2c arduino'