Iteaduino: derivative and improve from Arduino

When I use the Arduino board, there is one thing always trouble me, its I/O voltage level is 5V and it's not compatible with many 3.3V module like ITDB02 LCD and nRF24L01 2.4G wireless module. And if you want to connect the Arduino with a sensor or a servo , you need a expand shield like sensor shield V4, but I consider it still has enough space for these interfaces on the board , so I make a iteaduino which is an Arduino compatible board. It's designed is basing on Duemilanove scheme, 100% compatible to its existing program, shield and IDE. On the hardware part, remarkable changes are taken to improve the flexibility and user experience we referred to.

And we move the reset button and LEDs to the edge of the board, so it will not be covered again when put the shield above the Arduino.

A 1117-3.3 voltage is added to make a more powerful 3.3V power supply -- Arduino's 3.3V from FT232 is not enough for some module,like GPRS module.

Basic features

• Inherits all of Arduino Duemilanove' s features.

• Compatible to Duemilanove's pin layout, screw hole and dimensions.

• 3.3V Operating Voltage selection

• More visible location of Indicator LEDs

• Pin out for Sensor and Servo

What are the changes from Arduino to iteaduino:

1. More powerful 3.3V power supply
  2. 3.3V Operating Voltage selection
  3. Easier access to reset button
  4. More visible location for LEDs
  5. Sensor and Servo interface break out
  6. Re-route PCB

Download the schematic here
Download the Manual here

There may be still some inadequate on this board, any suggestion is appreciated.

But are you not then running the processor chip outside it's published ratings, i.e. 3.3v operating at 16 mhz?

While I'm sure you will report that you have seen no problem, I have a problem with commerical offerings that are designed outside of Atmel specifications. Comments?

As the datasheet of ATMega168P / 328P : 0 - 10 MHz @ 2.7 - 5.5V, 0 - 20 MHz @ 4.5 - 5.5V

so if work with internal 8M , it all OK for both 3V3 and 5V .

See the Maximum Frequency vs. VCC graph

When it work in 16M now , it's dangerous ,but don't worry ,on most circumstances it's OK ;D

I admit it's irregular to let the 168 work with 3V3 at 16M, but it's a optional[ch65292] you can choose working with 5V -- but when you meet the 3.3V module but not a voltage regular shield in hand , may be a 3.3V optional is a good choice ;).

Well another observation. Why would a new Arduino clone offering come with a 168 chip rather then the 328 chip as standard? A 168 chip is so 2008, get with the times.

Lefty

That's right , 328 is in our plans :wink: now the Iteaduino with 328P in stock . But the price will expensive than 168P.

168 is not so powerful as 328, however, in many cases it has to meet requirements of your project .So it still has the value of existing ;D

More information : http://iteadstudio.com