It's possible to make arduino uno work together GPS?

Hello

i wanto to make arduino work together a GPS to make an auto pilot in a RC carbased in the rote of the GPS. It’s possible??

Thanks!

There are probably hundreds of Threads on the Forum about getting GPS data into an Arduino

Whether an RC car can operate autonomously based on GPS data is an entirely different question. My guess is that it would be difficult because GPS is not sufficiently precise. There is also the problem that a single GPS can identify location but not the direction in which a vehicle is pointing. For that you need a compass (or a second GPS with a wide spacing between the two).

...R

yes i know all those problens , i intend to use a GPS module with a compass. Correcting me i want to know it's possible to use a GPS program like Google Maps or an automotive GPS to calculate the rote,and use arduino(with the GPS module) to make the RC car follow that rote. :confused:

It is possible to have a program that will navigate a car or boat through a series of GPS waypoints. Many people have done that with an Arduino Uno; google for examples.

Rafaels: Correcting me i want to know it's possible to use a GPS program like Google Maps or an automotive GPS to calculate the rote,and use arduino(with the GPS module) to make the RC car follow that rote.

That is a very complex concept and without a much more precise description of what you propose to do I could not comment. My guess is that what you want to do be would a challenge for a person writing a PC program.

Maybe you could start by writing a PC program that does all the complicated stuff and just sends steering commands to the Arduino. If you can get that to work then you will have a better appreciation of whether it could be done on an Arduino. If you write the PC program in Python you could probably transfer it to a RaspberryPi.

...R

Ok I know it's a very complex project, especially for me, i'm starting in this area, but I really want to do this and learn about, so, I want to make a auto pilot system for a RC car based on a GPS,which can give you the route that you want to make and work together with arduino to make the RC car move according that route. I'm thinking to do my own GPS app,maybe I can, and use in a RaspberryPi or in a android device, so if I could do this app it can send the steering comands to arduino somehow. This can be possible somehow? I really like challenges ;D

THX!

This can be possible somehow?

Yes, of course.

jremington: Yes, of course.

Do you have any idea how can I do that? :D

This Python - Arduino demo should help get you started.

...R