I've got an extra TI MSP430 Launchpad

Well, in my finite wisdom I bought several TI MSP430 launchpads when they were first released.

I’ve got two right now. One I use, the other’s never been opened, and since everyone’s orders are on backorder, I figured I’d offer it to someone who wanted to trade me for it.

If you have something you’re not using, etc. that you’d be willing to trade and really wants a Launchpad, I’d happily do it :). Please just leave a message here or PM me.

Here’s TI’s page.

What you wanting? I might have something you want…

Mowcius

9.99 each + shipping

(evil laugh)

I’m open to suggestions, Mowcius.

Really anything that might tickle my fancy :P.

But as shipping to the UK is about $12 it’d have to be something I’m pretty interested in ;D!

Really anything that might tickle my fancy

You’ll have to make some suggestions but I’ll have a think about it.
I have lots of stuff hidden away that you might want but I couldn’t list it all.

But as shipping to the UK is about $12 it’d have to be something I’m pretty interested in

That seems awfully expensive. I have sent stuff airmail to the USA for about $10-12 that is bigger and quite a bit heavier than I would have thought that would be.

Mowcius

Well, I mean, I was looking for a GLCD a while ago, but not so much anymore.

There are a few components I’ve been meaning to run to Radioshack and buy (like a IR receiver); Like I said, I’m not really sure about anything in particular. If you had anything that you think would interest me you could suggest it, but who knows.

BTW: Would you have to pay any kind of import taxes on something like this? I’m not sure of how customs, etc. works over in the UK.

That seems awfully expensive. I have sent stuff airmail to the USA for about $10-12 that is bigger and quite a bit heavier than I would have thought that would be.

Actually, yeah I just looked into it further, and I was accidentally looking at priority mail prices. For a 6 oz package (I just weight the launchpad) shipped via First Class Mail, it’s more like $5-6. Sorry for the confusion.

[edit]Some other things I’ve been eyeballing:

I’ll think of more stuff later :stuck_out_tongue:

Would you have to pay any kind of import taxes on something like this? I’m not sure of how customs, etc. works over in the UK.

Nope, if it was declared as a gift of low value (under £38) as most things are, then I would not have to pay customs and VAT upon import.

Well, I mean, I was looking for a GLCD a while ago, but not so much anymore.

Well I don’t have one :stuck_out_tongue:

• 315 MHz Transmitter / Receiver pair (like Sparkfun’s)
  • Breakout board for NDS touch screen (and NDS touchscreen itself)
  • NKC’s LCD shield (but this is a bit expensive for a trade Tongue)

Hmm, don’t have any of those either. I might just not have anything you want :-?

I could laser cut you some stuff ;D hehe

Mowcius

Yeah, I figure the odds of someone having exactly what I want is low, but there may be something I would be interested in :P.

Unfortunately, I’m not currently in need of any laser cuttings ;D!

Got any interesting breakout boards? :stuck_out_tongue:

Unfortunately, I’m not currently in need of any laser cuttings

Didn’t think you would be some how.

Got any interesting breakout boards?

Unfortunately I don’t have any breakout boards. I normally make my own for things.

Yeah, I figure the odds of someone having exactly what I want is low

The odds of me having something you might want is seeming low :smiley:

Well, I don’t know, poke around. See if you have some ICs or components I may want :P. Just let me know ;D.

I’ve still got it if anyone’s interested :P.

hang onto it, I am doing something interesting with what is left of mine, hopfully will finish the mod’s tonight and have a write up sometime this weekend

otherwise, I could use another one, somehow my razor saw accidently fell on the one I have ::slight_smile:

MMkay I’ll reserve it to see what you did with yours :P.

OK never mind, I basically cut mine in half (if you look at the board design its actually made to do this) and I tried using the usb <> serial converter (which is a cool chip btw)

after digging into it, there is a 12mhz crystal going to the larger smd which is a MCU similar to the dip’s, which there is a clock that comes out of that to the usb mcu, like if you were to chain arduinos with only 1 crystal

mucking around with it, why not its already dead I came to the conclusion that either I would have to rework a clock circuit, or reprogram the usb chip, at that point it lost its down n dirty appeal and became a complex problem

for the record you can cut down the dotted line (and right down the middle of the 10 pin header) and have a perfectly functioning stand alone / portable etc TI MSP emulator

the usb chip talks to the larger smd mcu via serial, which handles all the goodies, THEN that talks to the MSP430 in the dip socket via (I think soft) serial on a totally different connection

Well, I’m just impressed that you figured out that much stuff about it :open_mouth:

I’m too scared I’d damage mine, even though it’s meant to be cut along those lines ;D!

Want a new one? :wink:

if only for a second chance!

btw pic

Hehe that’s actually pretty cleanly done IMO.

Wouldn’t it still work fine if you added the jumpers back? :stuck_out_tongue:

yes it does actually, hm well I dunno the ground doesnt go through the jumpers

Coolio :P.

Well if it is still open, i might have something.
I have a radio shack ir receiver among other things.
A micro spy remote.
and a few other gizmos.