JimboZA a proud father

So after weeks of waiting, my daughter just got her school leaving marks. She got 4xAs out of 7 subjects, ie over 80%, including maths which is the one the unis look for. High 70s in two more including science. 82% average mark.

Already one uni has confirmed both her offers there (industrial eng 1st choice and elect 2nd). She awaits confirmation from here preferred uni- of course the one furthest from home. On the later's points scale she needs 80 points but she has 120, so we expect that conformation soon. That's for a BSc in mechatronics engineering...

But which ever way it pans out, at least with the results known after a long wait, peace can return to the JimboZA household.

Congratulations!

HI, mate, Congratulations, yes peace at last.
Great results and prospects by the sound of it.

Tom… :slight_smile:

She was 100x more stressed waiting for the results, than she was during the exam month. I expect she'll have a bit of a hangover tomorrow :wink:

When I first saw the title I expected to read a newborn announcement!

Jeez at my age?

Confirmation of place on BSc(Eng) (Mechatronics) received from University of Cape Town, and acceptance being emailed back as I write this... so all systems are Go..... Go Go Go.

JimboZA:
Jeez at my age?

Similar thought passed through my mind. For both of us.

JimboZA:
Confirmation of place on BSc(Eng) (Mechatronics) received from University of Cape Town, and acceptance being emailed back as I write this... so all systems are Go..... Go Go Go.

Excellent news! Another round of congratulations!

When is the first day?

Has she been to the campus? Have you?

JimboZA:
Jeez at my age?

why not, men can have children at very high age ...

see - World's oldest dad, 97, devastated after wife leaves him following disappearance of their son | Daily Mail Online -

anyway, congratulations !

Supposedly older sperm leads to health problems in those children later in life. Not sure where I saw that.

JimboZA: veels geluk (hope Google got that right)

JimboZA - Congratulations to your daughter you must be very proud

MAS3 - you are a game man trusting Google translate. You probably just mistakenly insulted JimboZA's parentage :sunglasses:

MAS3:
JimboZA: veels geluk (hope Google got that right)

Pedro147:
MAS3 - you are a game man trusting Google translate.

Yep they did, although I’m English by birth and Afrikaans was never my strong point.

She and my wife will fly down at the end of the month- not sure of the exact date.

She was in Cape Town for a week’s break just before Christmas, and toured the area although didn’t go onto the campus. I’ve never been onto it either, although I’ve been to CT many times. It’s on the back slopes of Table Mountain and must surely be one of the nicest campuses anywhere in the world?

uct.jpg

With lots of study she will get a good job. So you can retire and let her have her turn looking after you!!

Just joking! I have my kids with degrees and still have to work for a living.

Weedpharma

So after weeks of waiting, my daughter just got her school leaving marks. She got 4xAs out of 7 subjects ...

Congrats! With my kids in much the same situation (nearing the end of their school years) I understand how you must feel. :slight_smile:

Have you two chosen a color?

That is what you are supposed to get after they graduate, is it not?

Hmmmm funny you should say that. My son has a Royal Enfield 500 single, and I'm tempted to get my learner's licence so I can take it round the block. And his day job is to ride a Suzuki V-strom as a roving paramedic on Johannesburg's freeways.

Daughter talking of a scooter for uni.

Ok so still weeks to go but daughter and mom are in list making mode....

As someone pointed out to them, Cape Town is a city, it's not the middle of the Kalahari Desert, it has shops just like Jo'burg.

Congratulations to your daughter and to you. I think you may have to give her an arduino or two to help her with her studies, though. :slight_smile: