JTAG adapter for pulse oximeter to computer interface

So I am very new to arduino, I only got introduced through a wearable technology class two weeks ago. I am making a device that measures hemoglobin levels, very similar to pulse oximeter, just different calculations. Due to time constraints and lack of materials provided by the class, I purchased a cheap pulse oximeter to hook up to an arduino to make it do what I want thinking it would be pretty straight forward. From some research I found that the pins on the circuit board of the pulse ox correspond to JTAG pins, still kinda unsure on this. I have found that you can make your own JTAG adapter, however, I don't fully understand the schematic or how the JTAG adapter is put together. I have looked at the FUJI on H.A.C.K, KHJK's JTAGbang, and JTAGduino from Balau. Does anyone have a step by step guide on how to make the adapter, or am I missing something really obvious from the other guides?

TL;DR Need to make a JTAG adapter out of Arduino Uno to make pulse oximeter show input data so I can output estimated hemoglobin levels. Project time line 2 days.

The pulse ox is an anapulse anp100.

Thanks!

Due to time constraints and lack of materials provided by the class, I purchased a cheap pulse oximeter to hook up to an arduino to make it do what I want thinking it would be pretty straight forward.

Whoa, Nellie. Slow down! You know, some punctuation in that sentence would be good.

We really don't care about your excuses. We DO care what "cheap pulse oximeter" you ended up with.

From some research I found that the pins on the circuit board of the pulse ox correspond to JTAG pins

That sounds like a statement of facts.

still kinda unsure on this.

That sounds like your research is not complete.

I have found that you can make your own JTAG adapter, however, I don't fully understand the schematic or how the JTAG adapter is put together.

And, I have no intention of showing you the schematic, or how I came to the conclusion that I could make my own...

I have looked at the FUJI on H.A.C.K, KHJK's JTAGbang, and JTAGduino from Balau.

That sentence is completely devoid of meaning or data.

am I missing something really obvious from the other guides?

Probably.

Project time line 2 days.

On what planet?