jumper wire..

My jumper wire broken inside arduino pin, how can i take it out from pin???

Ouch! That's a tough one. I hope someone has a great idea on how to do this. :~

I did it once with two small sewing needles (or 1 ?? Don't remember) but it was very difficult for me.. And it was not an Arduino but another type connector..

Let us know what works!

the arduino pin just as small as needle size, how can i take out from it? the wire just stuck inside it...

Need more info: What size jumper wire is stuck inside, 22, 24 AWG? What is your estimate of the length of wire stuck, and position inside the pin? (ie can you see the top of the broken wire, and does it extend right to the bottom of the pin).

24 AWG, and i still can see the top of the broken wire,i think it not extend till the right bottom of pin

OK, this we can do. Just a matter of finding the right solution. Here are some ideas without prejudice to any. All depends on final result desired. I have never done any of these apart from #1 and 2. the header is just a plastic tube which contains a metal spring. The spring presses against the wire holding it in place.

1. hold the Arduino upside down and give it a tap. If the spring is weak the wire falls out. Really simple idea but had to be enunicated. I'm sure you tried that already.
  2. Sometimes the metal spring can take two 24 AWG side by side. Maybe see if you can slide another piece alongside. Maybe with gentle pulling the friction between the wires will be greater than the friction between wires and metal sleeve.
  3. If pulling out the helper wire leaves the old wire in place, try #1 again. Spring may have weakened.
  4. If the wire is close to the top, find a way of removing the plastic of the header to expose enough of the wire to get a purchase and pull it out. Maybe a Dremel type tool and needle nose pliers.
  5. Unsolder the entire header block and insert new one. (Soldering iron, vacuum pump)
  6. Convert F pin header to M pin header with wire as per #2 and leave wire in.

Before doing any of these get second opinion and think through the alternatives and other solutions such as getting a new Arduino!

Thanks, buddy, i try 2nd way. it is really work out

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

sauyong: Thanks, buddy, i try 2nd way. it is really work out

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

Heh - I'm glad that worked out for you; I was just about to suggest these (and I'll post it anyway in case anyone else needs to try it):

1. Get a piece of wire the same size, and clip the wire off square (file if needed). Add a drop of superglue or epoxy to the end, and very, very carefully align it with the wire and let it bond (this may need a "helping hand" stand or similar; it probably can't be done hand-held). Then pull the wire out (hopefully the bond is good).

2. This one should probably be tried before #1: Get a bare piece of copper wire the same size as the wire in the hole, clip/file the end to a point. Once again, use a helping hand to position that point in the center and contacting the wire in the hole. Use a pencil torch or large soldering iron to heat the wire (this is needed because the helping hand will act as a heatsink), and flow solder down it and hopefully on to the end of the wire carefully. Don't disturb it while the solder cools. Hopefully there will be a bond and you can pull out the wire.

Neither one of the above ideas sound very promising, and should probably be the "last ditch" effort before replacement of the header involved. If a replacement header is needed, be sure to buy several when you purchase them, because they will likely be needed again in the future...

:)

I'd used a Dremel with a 0.8 drill to make a series of holes on the side of the connector and then I played through them with a thin wire.