JUmper Wires

Hello,
I bought these from Amazon a while ago (wires are wires, right?)

But I’ve switched to 22AWG solid wire because these Jumper wires are loose in my standard breadboard and I’ve actually lost signal while monitoring when I just MOVED the arduino on my desk, and certainly when I’ve ‘massaged’ the wires.
But solid doesn’t help when you need to connect to pins on an LCD or such that you can’t just plug into a Breadboard :frowning: You need a female socket.... :frowning:

I don’t want to build a box, seal it, and have the wires come loose inside when I’ve already delivered a project
Are these any better, or is ‘thin/loose’ just ‘par for the course’ ??
Sincerely,
**Henry **

henrygf:
Hello,
I bought these from Amazon a while ago (wires are wires, right?)

But I’ve switched to 22AWG solid wire because these Jumper wires are loose in my standard breadboard and I’ve actually lost signal while monitoring when I just MOVED the arduino on my desk, and certainly when I’ve ‘massaged’ the wires.
But solid doesn’t help when you need to connect to pins on an LCD or such that you can’t just plug into a Breadboard :frowning: You need a female socket.... :frowning:

I don’t want to build a box, seal it, and have the wires come loose inside when I’ve already delivered a project
Are these any better, or is ‘thin/loose’ just ‘par for the course’ ??
Sincerely,
**Henry **

Hot glue might help keep the jumpers in place.

a bit of an update.
The Mfr themselves for these Amazon wires incorrectly stated that they are 28 AWG (VERY thin).
and maybe the wire is 28 AWG, but the PINS are a solid 22 AWG (thicker).
So I've discovered that the 'looseness' is a few poor sockets in my breadboard!
NOT the wires!