just got elegoo super starter kit and dont know what to do

i just got a elegoo super starter kit for christmas and dont know what to do to get started and learn the ropes for arduino. ive looked at youtube tutorials but they are confusing and it doesnt work at all when i try and copy them. can somone please help me learn. im hoping to learn to make things like vending machines or claw games. i have an elegoo uno r3. please help

One key skill to learn is to pay attention to detail.

Asking this question in a section of the forum with stickies called "PLEASE DON'T POST YOUR QUESTIONS IN THIS TUTORIAL SECTION" and "I'M SERIOUS - DON'T PUT YOUR QUESTIONS HERE" shows that you need to acquire this skill.

Topic moved

The first thing is to install the Arduino IDE on your PC. Then click on the Files menu and you will see a menu item, Examples. The examples will help you to learn the basics.

Yes , the IDE examples work and are good starters for learning .
Look at blink, adjust the flash times, adapt it to flash two leds . Use a button to start /stop the flashing ... and so on .
There are lots of answers on google when you get stuck, and if the google the Arduino instruction you are stuck on that will give examples.

Start slowly and get to understand what you are doing - enjoy it !!

Another skill you should develop is the ability to reply to people who have answered you.

ChrisTenone:
Another skill you should develop is the ability to reply to people who have answered you.

That one is quite an ask! :roll_eyes:

I think it is closely related to the actual ability to problem-solve. :grinning:

naterator05:
i just got a elegoo super starter kit for christmas and dont know what to do to get started and learn the ropes for arduino.

Have you tried reading the very detailed tutorial and project information that came with the kit? Just a thought!

Reading is yet another skill that comes in useful when learning programming...or learning most other things for that matter.

Steve

@naterator05...
You’re beginning to see the mood around here can vary, but tries to be helpful - sometimes TOO helpful, but the critical starting point is that you must commit to engagement and helping yourself.

Coming to the forum was a great start, but as mentioned already - you’ll get a lot better warm, fuzzy feeling when the helpers respect your attempts and effort.

Sure, there are trolls, know-it-alls, and pretenders - but generally the help you’ll get here is about as good as it can be unless you have a captive mentor at your side!

youtube, google, repeat.... all of the people who posted above my post, I've found to be super insightful.

slipstick:
Have you tried reading the very detailed tutorial and project information that came with the kit? Just a thought!

Maybe downloading the latest one from ELEGOO 3D Printers, Arduino Kits & Robots Tutorials Download – ELEGOO Official is advisable.

There seem to have been some errors on the initial release of the CD that might have been fixed in the one that is available for download.

Hi,
The OP is probably waiting for that MAGNIFICENTLY CONSISTENT email alert that he/she is supposed to get from this forum program.....

It seems to be MAGNIFICENTLY CONSISTENT in not letting the OP know.

I had mine turned on at one stage, and it was hopeless.

Tom... :slight_smile:

Yet another reason to spend some time getting to know the community before making your first post.

I had them on somewhere along the line to try it and got pissed of with all the emails; did not know how fast to switch that crap off :wink:

(Continuing off topic)
I found that it is painful to set emails on a xubsection - only set them for individual threads. Then the load becomes manageable.